First Bird Pics Posting

I wanted to share a couple of pics of some Ibis that I managed to bother one day recently. I thought it was strange how they were perched in the dead tree, almost like vultures. All taken with the 80-200 f2.8 AF D.

Ibis2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ibis1.jpg

Ibis3.jpg

Hi Kevin....

welcome aboard. Beautiful shots, luv the colors, sharp and nice contrast. Very well done :) You guys in florida drive me nuts :evil: , the opportunities are endless, and short lenses to boot. Great job Kevin :!:

Keith

They are really nice. like that first one with them all on the branches. Thats neat.

Good shots for sure.

Thanks for sharing.

Kevin,

Very well done, especially considering that you were shooting only 200mm. The first looks like something out of a fairy tale (like an Ibis tree....;-)).

Were these taken with the S2?

Hi Frank,
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, these were taken with the S2. In fact, all of these pics I'm posting (until I get my own camera) were taken with the S2 as jpgs since I don't have raw conversion software.

The first pic was at 80mm and the close-ups at ~200mm. Those crazy birds let me walk right up to the tree and just gawked at me. I shot about 50 pics of them before I began to fear for droppings falling on my head. :wink:

The cam belongs to a co-worker who also owns a D2h. I was considering buying it as it did pretty well. I've got a few birds-in-flight photos that I'll post later that I got lucky with but the cam-900 and my AF-D (not AF-S) lens wasn't always up to the challenge.

Btw, if you get a chance, check back on my intro posting. I put some cheerleading pics up in that thread.

Latest threads

Top Bottom