first bird post

Hello!

Well, I was shooting mostly insects during past summer, but I took some bird pics as well. Nothing special.

#1 Flying above 1
loo011.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 Flying above 2
View attachment 17041

#3 Flying above 3
View attachment 17042

#4 FOOOOOOD!!!!
View attachment 17043

#5 Fly like an Egyptian
View attachment 17044

#6 A juvenile
View attachment 17045

#7 Posing in flight
View attachment 17046

#8 WHOPEE! A Strawberry!
View attachment 17047

#9 Bright future ahead
View attachment 17048

#10 What on earth? (Barnacle Goose)
View attachment 17049

All taken with 80-200, two ring.

Thanks for looking!!!

Jukka,

These are very good shots, especially for one that doesn't do this kind of shooting on a regular basis. My first shots of Gulls were terrible. These are excellent. :smile:

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
these are all very good. the 2nd from the last is a great shot and the way you captured all of these tells me you might enjoy this type of subject.
Dave

Those are excellent shots. Sharp and well exposed. The one with the strawberry is very funny indeed.

C

Callie

these are VERy nice, I especially like the way you handled the exposure and the two gulls on the water BG looks great, the BG compliments the birds.
One Day, I will be able to spel and type

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. The young shot is great!
I love gulls. Most view them as seagoing pidgins but their diversity, intelligence and beauty in flight is amazing :biggrin:

Rich

Hi!

Flew said:
Jukka,

These are very good shots, especially for one that doesn't do this kind of shooting on a regular basis. My first shots of Gulls were terrible. These are excellent. :smile:

Thanks Frank! I like gulls a lot, and for me as a starting photographer they are perfect for practise shooting, tracking them in flight etc. I think it´s also wise thing to do to go and try with them wheter you like this kind of a photography before you rush to buy bigger expensive tele and before you find yourself in the middle of nowhere with ragged pants and another one of your fancy sneaker lost in the mud realizing that this is not for me :smile:

dmwphoto said:
these are all very good. the 2nd from the last is a great shot and the way you captured all of these tells me you might enjoy this type of subject.
Dave

Thanks Dave! Yes, I know I´ll enjoy bird photography. Now that almost all the bugs are gone I have plenty of time to get into this and forget about stupid bugs :biggrin: (not in million years!!!)

Phil K said:
Nothing special? These are great shots.

Thanks Phil! Well, I guess I meant that they are mostly "only" gulls and not one of those fancy :tongue: birds that can be seen here, although I like gulls a lot...

Backdoctor said:
nice shots. i guess shooting bugs prepares you for the ones that feed on them? :wink:
Some good shots there!

Thanks Backdoctor! At least gulls are easier to spot as they are crying "FOOOOD" where ever they are. Sometimes I´m thinking that are they really that smart because every time they find something to eat they cry "GOOOOD! FOOOOD" exposing their findings to everybody with in a mile. Just listen carefully, you´ll hear it:biggrin:

tojor said:
Those are excellent shots. Sharp and well exposed. The one with the strawberry is very funny indeed.

Thanks Torben! That one was really fun to watch when he/she was "statueing" (as we say here) around with that strawberry, everybody could see what he/she had found :smile:

bfjr said:
Well done
Like the perspective used on the babies

Thanks Ben! I like those pics too...

Callie said:
these are VERy nice, I especially like the way you handled the exposure and the two gulls on the water BG looks great, the BG compliments the birds.
One Day, I will be able to spel and type

Thanks Callie! I think I could do some more PP as the water is bit dull...

mike mac said:
These are great shots you should try you hand at more of them

Thanks Mike! I´m sure I´ll do that...

goodrich62 said:
Very nice. The young shot is great!
I love gulls. Most view them as seagoing pidgins but their diversity, intelligence and beauty in flight is amazing :biggrin:

Rich

Thanks Rich! I agree! I love them too. They are beautiful and truly survivers. I guess the way people are viewing them depends where you live, as I live by the sea the gulls have always been part of it as well as part of that romantic thought of going to sea and never coming back...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Top Bottom