1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

First Bird Shot With 300 f/4

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Pastorbbc, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Just got the 300 f/4 and used it today with a kenko 1.4x and a mono pod. I'm new to all this but really appreciate your looking and comments. This was taken at 800 ISO with a d300.

2629779646_cb71f5d3f5_b.

Cropped and a little closer

View attachment 219160

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2008
  2. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    Looks really sharp. Great contrast and color. You just need to get a little closer.

3. Nice image. Perhaps a crop a little bit of the distractions out...

4. Thanks for the advice and kind comments. I'll work on your suggestions. This is a great forum.

5. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    Also when you crop, remember the rule of thirds in composition. Centering the subject usually does not work as well and notice I said usually. Rules in art were made to be broken.

6. Nice and steady.
    Not easy using a monopod, I went out and bought a tripod and
    don't regret it a bit. My keeper count has gone up immensly.

7. And get yourself a nice bird book! It will make it more fun learning how to ID a birdie! Nice shots! And keep em comin!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.