First Birding Outing Away From the House Since Cancer Diagnosis

Real Name
Ken
Glad you are able to be out and about. I hope you continue to heal. When I finished my chemotherapy after my second diagnosis, I was too weak to use my Nikon gear and bought an Olympus m4/3r'd camera to use. Eventually I was able to use both systems and ended up shooting more images that year than any previous year.

Be well,

--Ken

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Glad you are able to be out and about. I hope you continue to heal. When I finished my chemotherapy after my second diagnosis, I was too weak to use my Nikon gear and bought an Olympus m4/3r'd camera to use. Eventually I was able to use both systems and ended up shooting more images that year than any previous year.

Be well,

--Ken
Thanks Ken, I wanted to make sure I could handle the weight. I do use a monopod because of past nerve damage in the shoulder. I got to admit that when I am not doing the wildlife photos, I use the Leica CL (APS-C). It is much lighter and easier to carry.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
My mom is 90 years old and still living by herself in Calif - I'm in Tennessee! She pushes herself to do yardwork almost every day.

Glad you are testing your limits by getting out. As a bonus, you got some very nice images, too! Now keep it up! ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Be well,

--Ken
Very nice images and I'll bet it felt SO good to be out-and-about again with a camera!
Cool shots and happy to hear that you are making it out.
My mom is 90 years old and still living by herself in Calif - I'm in Tennessee! She pushes herself to do yardwork almost every day.

Glad you are testing your limits by getting out. As a bonus, you got some very nice images, too! Now keep it up! ;)
Nice ones - glad for you - getting out after a long time is quite a thrill.
Thanks everyone. It was good to get out. I wore my face mask at both parks but many were not. I need to push myself to build up endurance. We are planning a trip to GSMNP and up the Blue Ridge Parkway before returning home by way of Nashville and Natchez in late September. I want be able to enjoy the outdoors on this trip.

How wonderful you were able to get out. I was very ill a year ago. When I started to feel better I bought a Z6. Getting out and shooting that camera gave me some motivation to keep working on healing. It sounds like photography does the same for you!! I wish you all the best in your future recovery.

Very nice and and quite a variety, indeed. They were there to greet you, no doubt.

Here's to a rapid and full recovery and that you'll be able to visit Anahuac, Brazoria, and the likes sooner than later.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom