First bout with the F5!

Discussion in 'People' started by The chemist, Jul 31, 2005.

1. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
  2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    The shots look good, but there certainly does seem to be some scanner artifacting! At this size, they look ok though:
    1_by_chemjon.

This shot has a nice 19th century look to it - very cool. Must be the film ... uh, stuff. ;)

3. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Thanks chris, yeah I think I took more pictures of her than I did the bride :lol:

4. rebrewer

rebrewer

Aug 1, 2005
    Davis, CA
    Nice shots! It's nice to see someone excited about the venerable F5. I still have my beloved F5AE. I can't bear to part with it, even after going digital.

Bob

5. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    One of these days Bob :D , right now i am just enjoying my slides. Altough I see a D2X possible in a year or two

6. Hm, what scanner are you using?

I have been spending time with film lately. I have scanned in over three thousand old negatives in the last several weeks, mostly using an Epson 4990 flat bed/film scanner. The durned thing does four film strips at a time and I think is giving me great results.

I am getting anywhere from 5 to about 8 megapixels worth of decent image, depending on the quality of the shot, how beat up the negative is, etc.

I am thinking about buying an FM3A just to use now and again. There is a warmth to film that I hate to lose forever. I'd like to try medium format, but I have all of these nice Nikon lenses, so 35mm it will be...

7. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    beezle that is interesting indeed. honestly I dont have a scanner, this were done at a local camera store for a friend as she wanted a cd:) I was looking at a coolscan, but the only time I need scans is to post images on forums...so:)

I am looking at a FM3A as well or a F4 so i can use MF lenses to their full function :D