First chance out with the 70-200

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Backdoctor, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Stopped off at the highschool just at dusk, around 5:20pm. Had the D100, 70-200vr and 1.4x all handheld. Will enjoy learning the nuances of this fine example of Nikon glass...

original.
    original.
    Make Nikon
    Model D100
    Flash Used No
    Focal Length 280 mm
    Exposure Time 1/80 sec
    Aperture f/4
    ISO Equivalent
    Exposure Bias +1
    White Balance (11)
    Metering Mode matrix (5)
    JPEG Quality (6)
    Exposure Program aperture priority (3)

1/40th sec even with vr is not enough for 200 mm, but a neat effect:
    original.

this lady walked up and fired away, flash and all- looks like a nikon coolpix:
    original.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice Harris,
    That is a great lens..
    1/40 oppppps

Last shot:
    lololol Evil thought. Forgive me..
    Look on Sandhill "Hey lady where did ya get that little pea shooter"

OR " I will pose nice for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Cute shot Harris I like it.

3. Congrats on the new lens I am sure you will love it one of the best made. give it a try for some portraits. Great shots of the sandhills ...4 weeks and counting

4. Congrats on the new lens, you will luv that piece of glass. The 500d works great on it too Haris as a cheap way to do macro. Detail is awesome and best $150 you will spend and the VR is what makes it! I see those birdies are VERY tame, back yard pets :biggrin: :biggrin:

5. You will love this lens. I can't believe how close you guys in Florida can get to the birds. Our birds here in Washington State must not be as friendly as they won't let you get close at all. Well, we don't have any SHC's here either. Nice shots Harris.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice shots Harris. So what do you think about the 70-200VR so far?

7. Looks like you are already making the most of that lens, nice work Harris.

8. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    It is a Wonderful lens..I bet you will LOVE it! I enjoy mine!

9. Thanks all, I know I will love this lens. While it may not be the first choice for birding, it will more than do for baseball, trips, and many other applications.

Keith, I'd love to see how that close up thingy works. I tried to shoot my daughters engagement ring with it, but cant get close enough. I've heard that filter is great.

James, come on down if you want to come pet the Sandhills...:biggrin:

Mike, I'll give a portrait a try. Perhaps Steve will let me use his studio...:rolleyes:

10. Harris, you'll love that lens. It really shines in relatively low light with the wildlife too if you can get close enough. I second James comment about how close those birds will let you get down there as demonstrated by your last picture. I'l also back up Keith's comment about the 500D - turns it into a great macro.