1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

First couple hours with D2x

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by biggstr6, May 29, 2005.

1. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Just a few from my first few hours with the D2x.

Although Ive only used one lens on it so far (17-35),my intial impression is , to qoute John Shaw "WOW". THE color ,Cropability,resolution.

Now if nikon will just fix capture to run alittle faster ,I'll be a really happy camper. Although I was thinking about this while I was opening these files, they are not that slow ,if anyone thinks back to a wet darkroom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    slow on a DSL lite connection.

First one looks good.

3. EXCELLENT photos! Which metering system did you use? I hope to order my D2X in a couple of weeks.

4. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    I shoot 95% manual , so I believe all these were manual.Youll love the camera.

Don Sorry, I just realized I didnt answer your question . I shoot Spot metering Mostly. I usually find a neutral (18% midtone) to meter off of.

5. Great first post. I also just got my D2x last week and
    I am very impressed with the camera. It was well worth
    the wait. Have fun!

6. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Nice images. You have a good eye :D 

7. Very very nice colors and exposure.
    20% D2X...80% your eye !

Nice.

You are so right about the cropability thing. Welcome to virtual 6x6 MF huh?

8. I'm lovin it! Good stuff, man.

9. The colours are amazing! Thanks for sharing.

I want a D2x! I want a D2x!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.