First D2x speedlight studio portrait.

My first time with the D2x with my Nikon speedlight studio. This is a different beast than my D70. Time to relearn some things. Comments?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice shot. I'd maybe Photoshop out the extra strands of hair sticking out, they make her hair look a bit messy, but this is just a minor thing.

Good point Paul. I missed that in post. She has pink eye at the moment and I forgot that as well. I must be losing my touch. Then again, I never had it. :lol:

R

Removed User 2

You nailed the flesh tones. It's not that hard to miss when it's a baby but still, very nice.

cwilt said:
My first time with the D2x with my Nikon speedlight studio. This is a different beast than my D70. Time to relearn some things. Comments?

Nice shot Charles. How did you set up the lights? With what diffusers? It's a good catchlight. Finally, are your daughter's pupils that big? No touch ups?

Tom

tweber said:
Nice shot Charles. How did you set up the lights? With what diffusers? It's a good catchlight. Finally, are your daughter's pupils that big? No touch ups?

Tom
Main was camera left at about 45 to subject with 1 SB600 and a medium softbox.
Fill was camera right and close to camera with 1 SB800 using a large softbox.
Hairlight was above and behind subject with 1 SB600 through a small softbox.

All softboxes were photoflex with double diffusers. Flashes were set manually with my cheap light meter.

There isn't a lot of light in my unfinished basement which causes the larger pupil. I may add some more light to decrease pupil size a little. I did not make the pupil larger in post.

I like it

I have no experience with this type of photography. I only got my first DSLR 2 months ago. I hope you keep posting your results and documenting your technique. I bet there are a lot of us who could learn a great deal from your experience.

She is adorable. Hope to see more pictures of her.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom