First D2x speedlight studio portrait.

Discussion in 'People' started by cwilt, Jun 3, 2005.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    My first time with the D2x with my Nikon speedlight studio. This is a different beast than my D70. Time to relearn some things. Comments?

[​IMG]

2. Nice shot. I'd maybe Photoshop out the extra strands of hair sticking out, they make her hair look a bit messy, but this is just a minor thing.

3. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Good point Paul. I missed that in post. She has pink eye at the moment and I forgot that as well. I must be losing my touch. Then again, I never had it. :lol:

4. You nailed the flesh tones. It's not that hard to miss when it's a baby but still, very nice.

5. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis

6. Great shot.....nice balance!! :D :D :D

7. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Main was camera left at about 45 to subject with 1 SB600 and a medium softbox.
    Fill was camera right and close to camera with 1 SB800 using a large softbox.
    Hairlight was above and behind subject with 1 SB600 through a small softbox.

All softboxes were photoflex with double diffusers. Flashes were set manually with my cheap light meter.

There isn't a lot of light in my unfinished basement which causes the larger pupil. I may add some more light to decrease pupil size a little. I did not make the pupil larger in post.

8. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I like it

I have no experience with this type of photography. I only got my first DSLR 2 months ago. I hope you keep posting your results and documenting your technique. I bet there are a lot of us who could learn a great deal from your experience.

She is adorable. Hope to see more pictures of her.