Test First D850 impressions from a layman...

Real Name
Steve
Okay, maybe not quite a layman, I shoot weekly for my magazine; headshots, editorial, food, but my goal was to have fewer cameras. The D850 seemed to be a great solution. I did decide to keep my Df and D500 for now, but using the D850 today was a dream. To us amateur/parent sports photographers, the 7fps is fast enough for lacrosse at least. The AF is blazing, and the fit and feel is superb. Love being able to pinch and expand on previews to check face sharpness too! All in all a really exceptional experience... but so was my D810. For this type of shooting, my youngest son's lacrosse games, I DID appreciate the speed increase over the D810, which seemed too slow for sports, and being able to shoot practically as fast as my D500. This was at ISO400 in Shutter Priority, 1/1250@f/11, center-weighted metering. Focal length 300mm with the 70-300VR (not the new "P" version, the one just previous, which I love). Only been shooting the D850 for a week, but so far I'm really happy with the results. This was highly cropped, btw. Both images shown, cropped and not.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom