First day with new lens

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Mitchell, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Snuck out for 45 minutes today after surgery with my new 300mmVR. These were all taken hand held with VR on. Minimal cropping done and light USM.

I love this lens again.

The hunter
    [​IMG]

The juveniles are out in full force.

Look at the feet on this guy!
    [​IMG]

Young Limpkin
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally got one of these fast black birds.
    [​IMG]

Lunch time for this noisy eater!
    [​IMG]

Not too bad for me today considering it was just a quick walk!!

2. Wow! I sure don't get to capture such a variety of birds when I go on a walk! LOL! You did wonderfully with that lens, too, especially hand-holding it! VERY nice! The feet on that one bird are amazing -- they're almost bigger than the rest of him!

3. Great shots, I especially like the one with the black bird. I saw some of those in a zoo in Germany and spent five minutes trying to get a focused shot of one with no luck. I need to invest in some VR glass I guess.

Secondly, good luck recovering from your surgery!

4. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    :eek: Fabulous!

Now...no one is AFTER you for sneaking out after surgery, are they? You're not AMA? :biggrin:

5. Hey, guys -- Mitch is the surgeon, not the patient! :smile:

6. I believe that is a red winged black bird. I have seen these before, but they are fast and skittish. This was my first time getting a half way decent shot.

I didn't sign out AMA!! I'm the surgeon. Three tonsillectomies this morning and then out at the park at 0900.

7. lisantica

lisantica

Jul 4, 2006
    So. Calif.
    Thanks for clearing that up Connie. Seriously, I was wondering how he managed to hold a substantial lens after surgery.

Nice captures Mitch! Loved that sequence!
    Lisa

8. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    I figured, but couldn't resist..... :biggrin:

9. Beautiful shots all of the Mitchell. But I especially like the feel of the first one.

Thanks for sharing

Lil

10. Mitchell, nice series. Helps to confirm my wish list! BTW, you're Limpkin is a juvenile Black-crowned Night Heron.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice shots.
    Good work

12. Looks like you got you a Winner!!!