First day with the 200 f4 micro!

The Nikon 200 f4 Micro arrived last night. I haven't yet left the house with it, but I did shoot a few objects that we close at hand. Here are my first four photographs from the new lens:

p1557059476.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p1557059502.jpg

p1557059522.jpg

p1557059546.jpg

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Looks like you're going to have a lot of fun with this lens Glenn, these are all outstanding. I can't choose between 2 and 3 for which one I like best.

Looks like you're going to have a lot of fun with this lens Glenn, these are all outstanding. I can't choose between 2 and 3 for which one I like best.

Thanks Andy...

To be honest, I'm surprised at how useful this lens is going to be. It offers a completely different perspective from my 105VR...and I'm going to have fun exploring the photo opportunities that it will present.

Tried to talk you out of it but you went and bought it anyway :smile:. It really is a lot of fun to use. Think I'll take mine for a walk.

Thanks Rick...I must admit that I am very pleased with the purchase at this point. It's a wonderful lens and will come in handy during a couple of upcoming photography trips.

Glenn

.....It offers a completely different perspective from my 105VR....

I've been considering this lens, too, and from you pics I think I'll be getting it sooner than expected! Thanks for posting these!

Did you order the optional hood Glenn? I don't think there is a thread dedicated to 200/4 micro images, maybe you could start one Glenn.

Did you order the optional hood Glenn? I don't think there is a thread dedicated to 200/4 micro images, maybe you could start one Glenn.

I ordered a 77mm hood. The optional Nikon one is 62mm. I keep a step up ring on the lens so that all my 77mm filters work with it. Also, the hood is threaded to filters can be attached to either end.

Glenn

Thanks William and Larry...I suspect that this lens will get plenty of use!

Glenn

I am sure you will use it a lot. Several years ago my wife tried the 200mm and decided that she preferred the 105mm. It was just easier for her to focus. Last spring she went to our local botanical gardens quite often during the day when I was at work and she found that she now preferred the 200mm. So we ended up getting a new one for her. We do a lot of macro stuff so it is worth it.

I ordered a 77mm hood. The optional Nikon one is 62mm. I keep a step up ring on the lens so that all my 77mm filters work with it. Also, the hood is threaded to filters can be attached to either end.

Glenn

The Nikon HN-31 (used on 85mm f/1.4d) is 77mm. Is this the hood you are using Glenn?

I am sure you will use it a lot. Several years ago my wife tried the 200mm and decided that she preferred the 105mm. It was just easier for her to focus. Last spring she went to our local botanical gardens quite often during the day when I was at work and she found that she now preferred the 200mm. So we ended up getting a new one for her. We do a lot of macro stuff so it is worth it.

Yes...I enjoy the 105. But the 200 introduces a very different perspective.

Glenn

No, I went with a B+H 77mm hood designed for a 200mm focal length.

I own the Nikon HN-31 already as part of the 85...should have considered letting it do double duty!

Glenn

Thanks Glenn! Consider starting the 200mm f/4 micro image thread.....I can't wait to see your images!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom