First dragonfly of the season

Dragonfly3218-16-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Dragonfly3218-28-L.jpg

Dragonfly3218-21-L.jpg

Thanks for looking!

and it had to be a Blue dasher, didn't it :). I swear that's the most commonly photographed dragon in North America. I wish we had them. I like all three images.

Larry

and it had to be a Blue dasher, didn't it :). I swear that's the most commonly photographed dragon in North America. I wish we had them. I like all three images.

Larry
Thank you Larry! We are so starved for any dragons in my area now that I was happy to see this little guy. We actually hung out for quite a while :)

Wonderful Dossy, have never seen those here.
Thanks Rick!
With over 150 species of dragonflies and damselflies in Florida, that's hard to believe!

Larry
You would think! I'm wondering if in the past few years there has been some spraying in this area. Btw, I think the dashers are so frequently photographed because they work with you. While the other's are more skittish, these will hang with you.

Thanks Rick!

You would think! I'm wondering if in the past few years there has been some spraying in this area. Btw, I think the dashers are so frequently photographed because they work with you. While the other's are more skittish, these will hang with you.
For sure Blue dashers don't disturb easily, like some other species in the family Libellulidae. Some species seem to hunt from a favourite perch, returning to it after each foray. That makes them easy to shoot. Unfortunately I'm going to have to wait until at least the last half of April to get anything here.

Larry

Latest threads

Top Bottom