1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

First engagement shots

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by SteveM10, Aug 8, 2009.

1. SteveM10

SteveM10

Jun 5, 2009
    Parrish, FL
    Well my daughter has gotten engaged so I offered to do some engagement shots for her and her fiance'. Please let me know what you think and what can be improved. Thanks.

#1[​IMG]

#2[​IMG]

#3[​IMG]

#4[​IMG]

#5[​IMG]

#6[​IMG]

#7[​IMG]

2. Phil

Phil

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Nice series of shots, #3 seems a little out of focus, #6 try to control the flash so it doesn't create a shadow and also he is out of focus. But over all I like the poses and #2 is the best to me.

3. Very cute couple.

Best wishes...

4. SteveM10

SteveM10

Jun 5, 2009
    Parrish, FL
    Thank you both. These were my first shots with flash as it was getting dark fast.

5. I'm not a wedding photographer and I only recently did an engagement session for friends of mine. So take it as for what it's worth, but the one thing I noticed was there were not pictures that showed the ring.

6. Malania

Malania

Jun 6, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Nice shots! I like #2 and #4.

7. mbg914

mbg914

Oct 4, 2008
    Maryland
    Number 2 and 5 are my favorites. You nailed the pose and the lighting. Congrats to the couple.

Michael

8. SteveM10

SteveM10

Jun 5, 2009
    Parrish, FL
    You are correct. I did not post any of the ring as I did not get any specific shots of it. I did get some close ups of them holding hands though with the ring in it. One nice thing is that since it's my daughter I can get the ring any time. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.