First Ever Wedding

Well, tonight, I shot my first ever wedding. I wasn't being paid, I wasn't the main photographer. I am simply a friend of the bride and groom and asked if I could photograph for experience and my portfolio. So I don't have every shot, as I was working around the primary photogs and had "Limited Access", if you will. But I did my best with what I had. Most of my shots of the dancing and Things of that nature are noisy, because those festivities took place after dark, in dim lighting, and since I have a D200, my ISO capabilities aren't the best, but I would classify the shots as useable. So here it is,

The "Quaken-Shak" Wedding
(The bride's last name was Quakenbush and the groom's last name is Poshak. So some friends and I called it the Quaken-Shak Wedding. :smile: )

Praying. (this picture doesn't seem to be showing up. If you can't see it, click here to see it on my website rather than the Cafe. If you can see it here, awesome :biggrin: )
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

"You may now kiss the bride!"

"I now present to you, Mr. & Mrs. Poshak".

This is a "post-wedding, pre-reception" shot.

Being announced by the DJ at the start of the reception.

First Dance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best thing imo for you to do is look at the images the pro got from the same event...and compare...compare everything from exposure, angle, lighting, timing, composition...you can learn a lot.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom