1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

First Ever Wedding

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by Scottn_photo, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Well, tonight, I shot my first ever wedding. I wasn't being paid, I wasn't the main photographer. I am simply a friend of the bride and groom and asked if I could photograph for experience and my portfolio. So I don't have every shot, as I was working around the primary photogs and had "Limited Access", if you will. But I did my best with what I had. Most of my shots of the dancing and Things of that nature are noisy, because those festivities took place after dark, in dim lighting, and since I have a D200, my ISO capabilities aren't the best, but I would classify the shots as useable. So here it is,

The "Quaken-Shak" Wedding
    (The bride's last name was Quakenbush and the groom's last name is Poshak. So some friends and I called it the Quaken-Shak Wedding. :smile: )

Praying. (this picture doesn't seem to be showing up. If you can't see it, click here to see it on my website rather than the Cafe. If you can see it here, awesome :biggrin: )
    [​IMG]

"You may now kiss the bride!"
    [​IMG]

"I now present to you, Mr. & Mrs. Poshak".
    [​IMG]

This is a "post-wedding, pre-reception" shot.
    [​IMG]

Being announced by the DJ at the start of the reception.
    [​IMG]

First Dance.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2009
  2. intruder61

intruder61

Dec 16, 2008
    australia
    great shots scotty.
    seems to me you enjoyed that "wedding photographer" moment.

3. Good for you Scott! What a beautiful bride.

4. Thanks :smile: I had such a fun time! I can totally see myself making a living shooting weddings!

Thank you. And yes, she is stunning! :biggrin:

5. Malania

Malania

Jun 6, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Great shots!!

6. photobrad

photobrad

Oct 1, 2008
    Florida
    Best thing imo for you to do is look at the images the pro got from the same event...and compare...compare everything from exposure, angle, lighting, timing, composition...you can learn a lot.

7. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    Great job Scott keep up the good work!

8. PhotogWannabe

PhotogWannabe

Mar 19, 2007
    BC
    Good for you!! You got some nice shots there for limited access.

9. krazyboi

krazyboi

Jan 19, 2009
    DFW, texas
    nice shots!!... I love that 1st one:smile:

10. ABrownPhoto

ABrownPhoto

May 3, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Very nice shots! great captures

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.