First examples from 18-200VR

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Steve S, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Just wanted to show folks the range they can expect from this lens. Forgot to put the VR on! DOH! Shot with D200. These were only resized to 30%, then lightly sharpened in PS.
    18mm wide:
    original.

Zoomed out to 200:
    original.

2. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    I think thats going to be a great walk around lens Steve. Except for that green tint that it puts on the grass.

3. Nice lens and nice neighborhood. WOW!

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    That dang colorcast!

lol, that's funny, Rex!
    Yup, it's going to be an excellent vacation/walk around lens.

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Melissa!,

It's a nice neighborhood, with lots of kids every dang-where. But I still like it a lot. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2005
  6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice Steve,
    Played with mine a bit today at Viera..
    Haven't even viewed them yet..

7. Steve, these are some of the nicest samples I've seen from that lens. They look really sharp. Especially that stop sign.

8. That looks like a great lens.

And look you even caught that guy trying to break into that house and the end of the street! :eek:

9. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    That's what I focused on, even in wide mode!

10. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    HA, I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it! Good eye!

11. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Gale!

12. Nice Lens

[Hi Steve,

Nice lens. It looks like it will be a good all around lens. Thanks for sharing

Merry Christmas

13. Nice! Looks like this lens is perfect for it's obvious intended purpose... the one lens that's perfect for walk-around fun. Excellent distortion control at the wide end for a lens with so much reach. I'm impressed.

Woody

14. Jonathan

Jonathan

Jun 11, 2005
    Southern Maine
    Steve,
    I have one on the way, and your shots are very encouraging. I am wondering if you ever tried the 24-120VR. I am curious as to how these two lenses compare in terms of quality. Your images are better than anything I've seen from my 24-120VR. Thanks for posting.

15. edge falloff?

Hi - great shots! They really demonstrate the range of the lens. I'm curious - am I seeing some edge falloff, where the edges are darker than the center of the image? Wonder if perhaps you had a filter on that might have been causing some vignetting? Or perhaps this is just a characteristic of the lens. Best wishes, Charlie