First Field Hockey of the Year

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by mike mac, Sep 29, 2008.

1. I shot Amandas game Saturday, this is her third game but our schedules have not algined.
    When the game first started there was a light steady rain, but after a few minutes it stopped. This sport is so hard to shoot hard to get the eye contact I want and those mouthgaurds would even make a super model look hideous.
    Well here are my meger attempts at a sport I have no idea about the rules and the flow of the game.... well there is none..
    All with the D300 and the 300 2.8 with 1.4 tele
    [​IMG]
    http://www.mmcatee.com/photo/pictures/Sports/Pittman%20Tourney/west_fh00276.jpg[/img]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Very nice set Mike ..

Gary

3. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    As always Mike great set of pics
    1- 5 and 10 are my picks

4. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    I like 1 and 8 the best, but hard to pick. you do all so well, thx for sharing...

5. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Excellent as always. I see what you mean about the mouthguards. But you did well capturing the eyes.

6. superb Mike, oh what I'd give to not have face masks up here.....Glad your daughter's back on the field.

7. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

wow ... your right about the mouth guards..... it kind of kills them but none the less i think you got some nice crisp shots :)

8. Nice, Mike, although Chris did take the words out of my mouth, at least there is nothing blocking the face like our masks in MA.

9. For me FH is the most frustrating game to shoot, but you have done it nicely. Does that tele ever come off of the D300 when shooting field sports?

10. Killer for a first attempt Mike!