First full 3G iPhone day...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vinman, Sep 4, 2008.

1. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    All was well. I was around home most of the day where I have 3G service, so I thought I'd give it a good workout while keeping our newborn.

A few scattered hours of iPod. I didn't turn on the laptop so I could really spend some time using the device. Did all my emailing, etc from it.

Went to bed last night and still had about a quarter charge left. That's about the same battery usage I experienced on a moderate day with my first gen iPhone. The only times I typically use it more are when traveling - especially when spending lots of time in airports.

On day two, at work, no 3G in the town where I am, but it's scattered about just north of here, at 2:30pm, I still have at least 80-85% left. I unplugged from the charger about 7am, but haven't been using it as much today.

The only thing I haven't tried out yet is bluetooth. As soon as I find my earpiece, I'll charge it up and let them run through a normal day's use. If it's like my old one, bluetooth is the real battery eater.

So, Greg, I posted this mostly for you, but I hope it gives everyone a glimpse of at least one person's typical usage for the day. Like my old iPhone, HTC WM phones, and a couple of Treos, this thing is no two or three day wonder. It does need charging nightly. The only smartphone I've EVER had that could go longer was my Treo 600 (which I was just using as my backup while waiting for my new iPhone). It could go as long as three days, but it's a HUGE leap backwards - it IS 7 years old, so no shocker there.

I suppose it would be easy enough to run the battery down at mid-day with this thing, but you'd probably be one of those people walking around with your earpiece in talking ALL day - not a typical user. I consider myself a power user, and after more than 36 hours of use, I'm satisfied with the battery.

That said, I REALLY wanted the red 32GB model that I'm betting hits the shelf before Christmas. Too bad my old iPhone was incompatible with our toilet. :Curved:

UPDATE - 5:30pm and it's still going strong. At least 2/3 left on the battery with wifi on, and I've been using it pretty heavily for the past hour and a half (one thirty minute conversation and lots of surfing via wifi)...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.