First high key human shots

Discussion in 'People' started by ednaz, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Much easier to work with than dogs, I'll say that!

My son.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments and direction welcome.

2. Scott770

Scott770 Guest

I like your shots and would be interested in knowing the basic set up that you used to achieve that effect. I am looking forward to others giving their comments also. Thanks.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Quite nice...

Nice looking young man

4. Setup

Large softbox to the right of camera. Bounce white umbrella for fill on left. Bounce silver umbrella behind backdrop to blow it out. Doesn't show in these pictures, but the rectangular softbox vs round umbrella showing highlights in eyes is really awfully distracting. Won't be doing that again. (Did some more pet shots today with an octagonal softbox and brolly, and even in the cases where each showed in a different eye, it wasn't distracting.)

I also did some shots with just the softbox, and with one light to blow out the backdrop, and I liked them even better, although not for my son's face.

Gale, I will pass your words on to him...at 14, he's at that age where reassurance is golden. For some reason, I've taken the only good pictures of him. The school pictures he's brought home are uniformly hideous, and he somehow managed to be odd even in family pictures my wife set up. He's a gentle soul, in a world where hormones don't favor that...