First Image Edited in Lightroom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gr8Tr1x, May 17, 2007.

1. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

[​IMG]

I couldn't figure out how to save a jpg in Lightroom, so I had to export to PSCS2 first. Anyway, I really like the way Lightroom works. I ordered a Scott Kelby book to help me thru it, so hopefully I can become mroe adept at processing images with it.

2. Nice work Joshua and well presented.

Enjoy LR!!

3. Very nice composition, Josh. I have played around a little with Lightroom; and, like what I see. Unfortunately, my slow, old computer gets totally bogged down in trying to run it. So, I guess that I will have to just hang onto it, until I get another computer, someday.

4. In Lightroom if you want a jpg copy of a picture in the Lightroom database you select File/export and a window pops up allowing you to select destination folder and set things like size, compression etc. etc.

5. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thanks, Dave!

6. Very nice work Joshua! Lightroom is a very cool tool and I am sure you will master it in short order.

7. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Hi Joshua, please continue to post your experiences with this software package. I was considering getting it myself more for the organizational tools rather than the editing (currently use Capture NX). The few reviews I have seen are very favorable, correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe the software has any cloning tools? By the way, GREAT SHOT!!!!:smile: - Jeff

8. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Yes it does have a cloning and healer brush. its very cool!

9. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Thanks for reply

Looks like a winner then, keep on posting. Does the software run about $250.00- Jeff

10. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

199.99 from Amazon.

11. Very nicely done, great image

12. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Joshua, I just started using Lightroom and had the same problem with .jpg. I started reading the Kelby book this morning and I hope it will clear up a few issues. Keep us posted on your experiences and impressions.

13. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I am one of the few (perhaps many?) who like Kelby's style. It is very informal, and I enjoy learning from him. I got his book in the mail alst night. I dove right in...

14. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    I love The Digital Photography book....will you guys post as you go thru this book, and let us know how you like it? Considering it...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.