First Image Edited in Lightroom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gr8Tr1x, May 17, 2007.

1. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

[​IMG]

I couldn't figure out how to save a jpg in Lightroom, so I had to export to PSCS2 first. Anyway, I really like the way Lightroom works. I ordered a Scott Kelby book to help me thru it, so hopefully I can become mroe adept at processing images with it.

2. Nice work Joshua and well presented.

Enjoy LR!!

3. Very nice composition, Josh. I have played around a little with Lightroom; and, like what I see. Unfortunately, my slow, old computer gets totally bogged down in trying to run it. So, I guess that I will have to just hang onto it, until I get another computer, someday.

4. In Lightroom if you want a jpg copy of a picture in the Lightroom database you select File/export and a window pops up allowing you to select destination folder and set things like size, compression etc. etc.

5. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thanks, Dave!

6. Very nice work Joshua! Lightroom is a very cool tool and I am sure you will master it in short order.

7. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Hi Joshua, please continue to post your experiences with this software package. I was considering getting it myself more for the organizational tools rather than the editing (currently use Capture NX). The few reviews I have seen are very favorable, correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe the software has any cloning tools? By the way, GREAT SHOT!!!!:smile: - Jeff

8. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Yes it does have a cloning and healer brush. its very cool!

9. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Thanks for reply

Looks like a winner then, keep on posting. Does the software run about $250.00- Jeff

10. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

199.99 from Amazon.

11. Very nicely done, great image

12. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Joshua, I just started using Lightroom and had the same problem with .jpg. I started reading the Kelby book this morning and I hope it will clear up a few issues. Keep us posted on your experiences and impressions.

13. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I am one of the few (perhaps many?) who like Kelby's style. It is very informal, and I enjoy learning from him. I got his book in the mail alst night. I dove right in...

14. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    I love The Digital Photography book....will you guys post as you go thru this book, and let us know how you like it? Considering it...