First Image from Rich G's D2X

I took this shortly befor dusk. It's a crop of one of the many Azalea bushes all over the Washington D.C. area.

Rich

43040280.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I REALLY like the color separated histograms. I have been over compensating with the D100 and the D2H. When I can see if it's only one color I can get a better idea of how much EV I have to add or take off.

Learning ti was a breeze since it has virtually the same layout as the D2H.

Rich

Good stuff Rich - you sod !

I have D2X on order now (I've taken quite a punt as I brought grey market from Hong Kong - D2X stocks here in Sydney are non-existent) I sure hope it all turns out ok :?

You have taken a similiar path to me - I see you have a CP990 (they were incredible cams - another camera I wish I had not sold)

Now that we are starting to loose our summer (am in late Autumn here) the light is alot cooler and the blown highlight issues I have been getting with my D2H seem to have gone away) I hope the D2X handles DR better than the 2H

regards

Simon said:
Good stuff Rich - you sod !

regards

Um......by sod, you don't mean SOD, sod do you? :D As I recall there is a certain meaning over in the U.K.

Thanks. I'm not really happy with the shots. The light was going and I boogered up the depth of field. I had to crop the one above to get rid of the closer, out of focus petals.

The weatherman promises sun (hooray!) tomorrow. I should get more, different shots.

Good luck on the purchase. When you pick up the D2X with your right hand it's like shaking hands with an old friend!

Rich

Sod means "darn I wish I had one too"

Heh, sod is a term of endearment here (in Australia anyway) . . . I hope it has a similiar meaning in US (hmm not sure)

Yes I know what you mean about picking them up, I have also owned the D1H, D1X and D2H's too. Only issue is when I work on a job for up to > 8 hours hand holding them, man, my hands get tired - I tend to lift one arm and cradle the camera in it after a while just to spread the load.

The handling of the cameras are wonderful though - the Ergonomics Dept at Nikon are worthy of a medal - they rock !

Nice picture of the azaleas. Ours are starting to bloom outside and with all the rain we had here today and all night tonight, they should be fully out in a few days. Too bad they are only short lived.

Also, welcome to the X family. More and more are showing up and always nice to see what comes from the X.

Yeah, nice job on the azaleas. That is not an easy flower to shoot, especially the reds. Usually azaleas look like mush in photos. Welcome as a new owner of a beast!

Larry Gleason said:
Yeah, nice job on the azaleas. That is not an easy flower to shoot, especially the reds. Usually azaleas look like mush in photos. Welcome as a new owner of a beast!

Thanks Larry and Bryan.

Rich

Latest threads

Top Bottom