First Images Here --A Refugee from You Know Where

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Gunnerisac, Nov 11, 2005.

1. My wife and I recently took a quick 6 day trip to Sanat Fe, the Grand Canyon and Sedona. Here's a shot of the GC:

52102164.image0007.

It was a tough day as we both were ill, the sun was spotty and the rangers had a controlled burn east of us with an easterly wind. The following is a helicopter shot:

52102163.image0005.

Please visit my site @: http://www.pbase.com/paulcasi/the_southwest

Thanks,

Paul

2. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Paul,

I think your first shot is very good for the subject. I think your South Rim 2, 4 and both 5's on your pbase site are also very good.

I was at the South Rim a little over a month ago. The Grand Canyon is one of the hardest locations to photograph. I think it's special because of its scope, which can't be captured in an image, except possibly in a pano. My Grand Canyon Album on my pbase site is my least viewed.

Mike

3. Mike,

How true:smile:

I used a polarizer and it really helped. We ran into a haze caused by cloudiness and smoke (the Rangers had a controlled burning going on).

Thanks for you kind comments--Your web site is excellent!

Paul