First IR attempts + 1 question

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by goofball, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Taken with 35mm f/2D and Hoya R72 filter. Many thanks to those who have helped me set the proper WB. I think I'll need to get greener grass to set it with but it seems to be acceptable at this time.

Straight out of the camera:

[​IMG]

False colour:

[​IMG]

Question is, when I open the NEF in Adobe Photoshop CS2 or CS3, it doesn't match what Capture NX has it look like. I can't get it to look in PS CS how it looks in Capture NX before any editing. Is this due to PS CS not being able to read the WB setting properly?

2. dentman

dentman Guest

tag... I have the same problem with my old D1h... I think i remember some default settings in the raw converter but cannot be sure.

3. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I have the same problems as well...I just gave up and kept shooting JPEG for IR. I dont care to use NikonCapture.