First Landscapes of the Year

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Terri French, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Happy Easter!

We have been so busy with family matters that little trips have been out of the question for Greg and I........until today.

During April, the road through Teton Park that is closed all winter is plowed and open for non-motorized traffic only. Last year we went there on a bike ride and loved it so much we vowed we would do it every year.

Today the forecast was for clear skies and fairly warm (for Teton Park:biggrin: ) temperatures. It seemed like the perfect time to go. It isn't the best time of day for landscapes, but these areas took a while to get to on our bikes. Don't know how you would do it for sunrise and sunset unless you took equipment to sleep outside--which doesn't sound too appealing to me!

Here are some shots from our day. I'm disappointed because I had Greg take some photos of me so I could show you that I really did do this, but I forgot to remind him to focus with the AF button so they were all blurry. Whoops!

It was a glorious day although I probably won't be walking very well for a few days. We rode about 25 miles in three hours.

#1 View of the Tetons from the road
    original.

#2 View of the Jenny Lake Outlet Area
    View attachment 89135

#3 View of the Jenny Lake Outlet
    View attachment 89136

#4 Greg Enjoying the Ride--I was pretty much shooting into the sun. Did a lot of pp to make the photo usable, but looks a bit overdone.

It is so quiet and peaceful on the roads without all the cars.

View attachment 89137

#5 Beaverpond
    View attachment 89138

#6 and #7 Horsie Heaven

View attachment 89139

View attachment 89140

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Gorgeous!!!!! You really have the eye for landscapes, Terri (in addition to the eye for baby portraits).

Your photos really make me want to take a trip out to your lovely state! Maybe one of these days I might be able to convince Patrick to take off work long enough to do just that!

3. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho

If you ever come to Idaho, I would love to show your around. Seems like you are going to be quite busy this year, though!:biggrin:

4. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    They are absolutely amazing, Terri! Wonderful job. Every image is a WOW!!

Happy Easter back to you and yours! We have an eternity for which to be grateful!!

John

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2007
  5. Masa

Masa

Feb 27, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Welcome back to the land of landscapes, Terri. It's good to be outdoor, wasn't it?

I like those snow covered mountains.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very pretty
    Welcome sping time

7. All very nice Terri and I always enjoy your work.

8. Beautiful as usual, Terri.

Looks like the Jenny Lake outlet stream is quite low. Still waiting for the snowmelt runoff I guess.

9. Beautiful, Terri. I'm a fan. Looking forward to more.

10. Terri, Happy Easter from another fan.
    These tranquil and peaceful images, soothes my soul on this Easter Sunday.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

11. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Terri, you may have been absent from landscapes for a while, but you have not lost your touch -- pure magic.

12. Terri, looks cold, but very peaceful. I bet you enjoyed the ride.

13. Very nice images! I love the shots with the horses. I think the Tetons are one of the most beautiful places I have been.

Thanks for sharing.

14. MJAM

MJAM

Feb 20, 2006
    Juneau, Alaska
    Great seeing some more of your work, it's been awhile. The first one here is great. The cloud accent is perfectly placed. Mike

15. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Terri...

You still have that fantastic eye ! Cant wait to see the spring season thru your eyes

Regards

RFC

16. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Teri .. I was waiting to see these quality images from you. You have a great eye for landscape photography, each and every single image is wonderful in terms of color, sharpness and composition. Very nicely done.

17. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Very nice series Terri, nice to see you back at it again!

18. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Very nice! I love your eye for storytelling composition. Most of those shots have a nice beginning-middle-end to them. I was wondering how likely it would be to get closer to that first horse in the last photos, but suspect he may not have been cooperative.

19. Wonderful landscape photos, Terri. Like being right there with you. Looks like you had a very successful, and fun day!

20. Very pretty Terri - the play with perspective is excellent! It "makes" the picture...