First Leica image

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by cellison, Jul 5, 2007.

1. cellison

cellison

Mar 18, 2006
    Canada
    It's nothing special but I finally got around to developing the first roll put through the M3. Guessing exposures will take some practice :) The image below has zero sharpening applied in Photoshop. I'm amazed at how sharp this 50ish year old lens is. I'll post more tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Chris

2. I'm glad to finally see a shot from you! :BigGrin:!
    Looks promising!

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Cool! Very Leicesque! I've never seen a correctly focussed image from any film camera that needed sharpening. I think that's a digital (anti-aliasing filter) thing.

Now I'm looking at the shape of the jacket or whatever over this guy's face. Is that the Elephant Man?

4. cellison

cellison

Mar 18, 2006
    Canada
    Thanks Ned. Here's a few more. I really should be in bed by now :O

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chris

5. cellison

cellison

Mar 18, 2006
    Canada
    It's actually a fairly attractive woman under the jacket :) Thanks for looking Chris

6. Chris glad to see you working your new camera. It appears that you're off to a good start. Looking forward to seeing some more.

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Ya know, as soon as I typed "guy", I wondered if that might not be the case!

8. i like all the shots posted, but i particularly like the first one here

9. No wonder...
    [​IMG]

:wink::wink::wink:
    (just joking around)

10. Chris,

The pic of the girls with the newspapers is quite nice! You're doing good!

11. cellison

cellison

Mar 18, 2006
    Canada
    Hahahaha, that's great!

12. cellison

cellison

Mar 18, 2006
    Canada
    Thanks Ned. It being the first roll I didn't expect much. I see myself in phase 1... get the hang of guessing exposures/focusing distances and getting shots of people "up close" without being noticed. Phase 2 will be composing nice images :)

Now that we're moving into a house with an unfinished basement I have plans to build a spacious darkroom and go back to silver prints. I can't wait!

Chris

13. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    You know we all thought it. :eek:

14. I love my M6 but since getting a D200 it is getting as much of a work out as it deserved. I'll have to change that

15. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Get on it Brooks and lets see those Leica photos. :Wink: Welcome to the Film forum!

16. Ned has a point here, though i don't think he improved yourphoto any:biggrin:, i do like the planar composition with tonal range textures within the field, due to similarity in my visual thought, though i probably did not recognise such when i stated i liked this shot in particular:smile: