1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

First macro flower shot...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Pianisimo, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Pianisimo

Pianisimo Guest

I'm new to this :D  I don't even have a macro lens yet, and I'm not sure I want to get one, but here ya go.

D50 and 50 1.8 AF-D.

2784812806_1a93fe177d_b.

2. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Welcome to the world of floral photography, I like your first image.

I particually enjoyed the sharpness of the subject compared to the OOF background featuring several similar flowers.

If I had to make one small change I'd either crop or clone out the tiny bit of yellow at the very bottom of the frame as it distracts from the otherwise uniform background.

3. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    By the way, if you want a cheap way to take extreme closeups why not consider the BR2A reversing ring in conjunction with your 50/1.8 that'll give you very high reproduction ratios without major cost.

4. Pianisimo

Pianisimo Guest

Oooh. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check that out. And...while I'm not one to clone stuff out, I agree that it's distracting and while I was composing I simply couldn't get it out. I'll probably end up cloning it out though...thanks Robert! :) 

5. lmorgan

lmorgan

Jun 27, 2008
    NCentral IL
    This is stunning. I love the just opening/closing flowers in the background. I agree about the bottom too, but didn't notice it until it was pointed out. :) 

6. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Beautiful shot - has an almost watercolour feel to it.

Keep up the good work!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.