First macros with a flash, c&c welcomed

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Nuteshack, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

2. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    #2 is the best.. I am not a big fan of flash for flower macros.. so these are really not to my liking..

3. some pretty cool results. Amazing for handheld

4. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks for the word, Tim. my problem is i like all kinds of photog, cept fish-eye (viewing those images makes me kinda dizzy for some reason)...:biggrin:

5. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks for the kind words, Dave. i really thought manual focus on my d50 would be more difficult. maybe all those years with that lousy manual focusing k1000 paid off ..lol
    :smile:

6. Those are very nice, Nute, because you didn't overwhelm the flowers with flash.

I seem to remember you saying you were sending the Tammy back. Change you mind?

7. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

ty much, Frank. yes sir, had it all boxed up and ready to go back and after missing the post office i figured i'd give it another round or two just to make sure i wasn't missing something....the lens was surely more than sharp enough, the bokeh yummy and focus was spot on but i was getting a contrary color cast that i just couldn't live with. in the end it was really very simple. it came down to -> in camera minus saturation. whata dramatic difference! it changed everything, ...skin tones, u name it. i am now WAY happy with this lens,..everything about it suits me just fine:biggrin:

btw, this is again somewhat your fault (such as my 180 purchase). i had been exploring cheaper alternatives to the macro thing and finally went the way of a dedicated macro lens. in the end, it just makes sense:smile:

8. It's an excellent partnership. I help you spend your money, and you make me look good by taking wonderful pictures :biggrin:.

9. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

lol...perfect:cool:

10. mcdicky

mcdicky

Mar 10, 2007
    Vancouver
    awwww.. very nice photos. sorry what was the setting of your flash again???

11. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks dicky ....think it was neg a few clicks

12. Nice photos. Did you use the diffuser dome?

If not try some others with the diffusers and see if it softens that flash just a little. I would have to say #3 is nicest for me.

13. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Good composition. Dial the flash back about 1 or 1.5 stops using the diffuser.