First macro's with D200

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Pendragon, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Some of my first macro's with my brandnew D200.
    All with Tamron 180 Macro.

1) [SIZE=-1]Ceratodon purpureus[/SIZE]
    [​IMG]

2) Ladybird on willow
    [​IMG]

3 & 4) Cornus
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful images
    The first one is just illuninating...wow

Nice camera ..I love mine

3. Igor

Igor

May 15, 2005
    Ukraine, Europe
    Delicious! Love em all!

4. Logan

Logan Guest

with beautiful shots such as this, your walls will be filled in no time with new photos, but then again with all your mushroom photos im sure your walls are already LOADED!

5. I LOVE that first one!

6. Outstanding! I like the first one the best, but would be proud if I had shot any of them. Nice job!

7. Beautiful! The first one is really lovely.

8. cybertec

cybertec Guest

One word, Fantastic, welcome to the world of Macro.

9. very impressive, did you use a tripod?

10. Good camera in worthy hands!

My only criticism of the D200 is the MB-D200. The connection with the body is so flimsy that precise composition on a tripod is virtually impossible.

Cheers

11. Roosje

Roosje

May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Jan, congratulations with your D200, I suspect that you will put it to good use :biggrin: Beautiful photos as always, you are an important inspiration for me :wink:

12. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    talk about sharp

13. you were masterful with your D70 so I am not surprised at the quality of these, but I am impressed as usual.

14. Harry,

I use a D200 with MB-D200, and I cemented a small strip of nylon webbing to the inside of the upper portion of my L- bracket so that it firmly contacts the rubber on the body housing just forward of the door that covers the video and DC-in terminals. This serves to stabilize the L bracket to the extent that there's no noticeable play when the camera is mounted on a tripod. The heaviest lens I use that doesn't have a tripod foot is the 17-55 which Nikon lists as 755 g.

I agree that the construction and and attachment mechanism of the MB-D200 are disappointing. If given the option, I would have paid more for a sturdier grip.

15. Jan,

As usual, your work is top-notch. Always a pleasure to see your photos.

16. Yep, all of them on a tripod. The first one with manual focus.

I use the MB-D200. And I have to say that I did not have any problem with the connection. For the moment it is very firm.

Thanks for the tip!

Well ... I'm in the world of macro since about 10 years now :wink:
    But thanks anyway.

17. Jan,

As always, these are breathtaking!! I especially like number three and four. I have been using the MB-D200 for about a year now. I haven't had any issues with slippage on my tripod. I also recently purchased the Nikon handstrap which fits over the MB-D200. It attaches to the tripod mount, and makes vertical shots using the secondary shutter release very difficult. But, it the grip remains secure...so far.

18. My lord, awesome!! Your are certainly the D70 master, I wondeered at times why you did not use a D200, but your pics answered that. I can't wait to see what you post next.

19. Mmmmmm.....luscious!!!! Yep, the Macro King strikes again! These are gorgeous and you are showing already that the D200 is a wonderful tool in your hands. I love viewing your macros, as you manage to nail them so beautifully..... The D200 will give you that extra added bit of resolution and such that isn't there in the D70/D70s. Congratulations on your new camera! :smile:

As for the MB200 issue: I have the MB200 but haven't used it all that much on my D200, so when I was ordering the L bracket I decided not to get the one which is designed to work with the MB200. I may at some point change my mind but right now it's easy enough to use the MB200 under certain shooting situations and to leave it off under others. This requires removing the L bracket, though, and at some point I may just have to bite the bullet.....