First Montage

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Firelarz, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Hey again, I wanted to try this and found a thread on how to make one. What do you think for my first time quick try?:smile:

I am guessing the colors should be better matched. Do you think each image should have it's own frame?

Thanks Larz

large.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Love the planes ..Nice shots

3. Well done....I like it :biggrin:

4. Those drop shadows don't work for me Larz. They're way to hard for my own taste. I'd go with lighter and more transparent drop shadows so thet they look more natural.

This is a nice tribute to Blue Angel #6 though.

5. I took the liberty of working on your file to show you what I meant in my previous post. I you're offended by the fact that I worked on the file, let me know and I'll remove it ASAP.

larz_retouched.

As you can see, I softened the shadows a bit and modified the frame. I find it looks a lot more natural this way.

6. Larz, congratulations on venturing out.
    Your images are excellent, but the way they are incorporated into this piece make this more of a collage than a montage. To be a montage you'd need to blend the images together in addition to placing them on another photo.

From my standpoint the composition could be more interesting if the images were placed more randomly and/or superimposed on one another.

If you'd like a references on montages, here are a link you might be interested in.

http://courses.washington.edu/hypertxt/cgi-bin/12.228.185.206/html/pmontage/kindsofpm.html

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

7. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Thank you everyone. I had been thinking of doing this and read a past thread on it and gave it a try.
    Fireman, not at all. I could learn from everyone. I see what you mean.

8. iudoc97

iudoc97

Nov 13, 2006
    Indiana
    Larz...nice work. I like to mess around with these as well. I will post one I did for my aunt and uncle for their 50th anniversary. I am curious thought how to ge the shadowing effect on the background picture. I try it after I do the framing and maybe therein lies the problem. Can you link the thread that you found? Thanks.
    Scott

9. Pete

Pete

Jun 10, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Montage, Collage, Light Shadows, Dark Shadows... Anyway great images and an excellent way to tell the whole story in one. I like it...
    Pete
    Oh yes, the light shadows are a little better...

10. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Thank you everyone. Scott, I forgot where I saw it, but will keep looking for it and then post the link here.