First Moose at Baxter State park, Maine

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Vienna Pics, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    This was the first moose that we saw on our trip to Baxter State Park, Maine:

2. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Oh Boy, Nice Moose:>))))))
  3. Nice pics! I want to get back to Baxter so bad...
  4. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Thanks Gale - I was impressed as these were the first I ever saw in person.

Jim - Thanks - I know how you feel - I really want to get back this fall.....
  5. Scotty_A

Oct 20, 2006
    Nice moose pics Mark. Come back in the Sept., they look so much better then. Moose are nice to see but I hate seeing moose driving at night. Just last night I came within feet of one. Talk about making your heart race!
    Keep up the good work.
    Scotty A
  6. Dang... Wish I'd seen one :(

Doesn't matter if it's a Moose or a small deer, they'll ruin your night. I get a ton of them on the way to work here all the time. Makes you really remember to keep an eye out!
  7. great job! I know EXACTLY where that was!
  8. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Thanks Scotty - I also would hate to see one at night or even during they day - I saw how quickly they can cross a road - I have not yet PP'ed the remains of a car that hit one. I have an urge to come back in the fall that is worse than LL.

I agree - the big ones can ruin a vehicle and the littles can scare you and when you try to avoid them, who knows what you might hit.

Thanks Dave - maybe we can make a Cafe trip some time!
  9. I forgot to mention... thanks for the location, I'm going to remember that park next time I go up there!
  10. tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Good shots. I really like the last one with the rich green colors.
  11. StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Wow, I am glad you got to see one in the wild. I went to Alaska and hoped to see one, the receptionist said every night she saw one when passed a particular intersection at 11:30pm, so out we went for a few nights, a twenty minute drive each way, but we had to go to the zoo to see one :)
  12. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Don't forget to take your hiking boots and fly dope - we used 30% and 100% deet.

Thank you.

Sorry to hear about your moose - I did not know what to really expect as far as how often we would see them. We hit several areas that we were told were 'hot' spots but they were cold as ice. I hope you were able to get some Bald Eagle shots while in Alaska - we are actually looking to see if we can use our frequent flier miles to go to Alaska.