First morning...

Captured this on her first morning of going to 3rd grade. Shot with S5 and a tamron 17-50. Processed with LR2 and beta profile. Never cared for Adobe color before, but they are getting better.

341713823_Ek6st-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

K

KG72

Such a cutie.... great capture, Charles.

no offense Charles
you could take her picture with a CVS disposable and it would be gorgeous :wink:

love the braid

great picture

beautiful, charles
incredible capture... colors... depth

do they have "year-round" school sessions in colorado?

Beautiful young lady Charles!

Back to school already? :eek:
Thanks. Year round school until they get into middle school here.

Such a cutie.... great capture, Charles.
Thank you.

Love the shot, her eyes are gorgeous!

School starts in July??? :eek:
It never stops here. She had a 3 week break and back to the books.

she has beautiful eyes and you captured them well. keep showing your photos, they inspire me.
Thank you for the kind words.

Beautiful colors indeed! She's certainly a cutie!
Thanks. I think she knows it too.:rolleyes:

excellent shot here ...whata cutie...;-)
Its not wide open but it works.:wink:

no offense Charles
you could take her picture with a CVS disposable and it would be gorgeous :wink:

love the braid

great picture
Thanks. She had to have braids for the first day.:rolleyes:

beautiful, charles
incredible capture... colors... depth

do they have "year-round" school sessions in colorado?
Thank you. Year round until middle school here. Here you are either on or off track.

I really love this one. Colors are outstanding. Did you use a softbox on this one?
Mother natures softbox coming through our large entry way windows. Fuji auto WB with a small tweak in post.:wink:

Mother natures softbox coming through our large entry way windows. Fuji auto WB with a small tweak in post.:wink:

Always have heard great things about the S5pro colors when shooting people. This certainly backs it. Great job.

Shows what the Tamron 17-50 is capable of too...

Skin tones are super and it is easy to see that she is growing up. Hope she likes the third grade.
Thanks Gordon. She was super excited about the third grade. Her teachers are very nice and understand her condition well. That makes life easier on everyone.

Always have heard great things about the S5pro colors when shooting people. This certainly backs it. Great job.

Shows what the Tamron 17-50 is capable of too...
I love the S5 for people. It and the Tamron cost less than some peoples lens.:wink:

You have the cleanest processing of anyone here. I just love your ability to get perfect skin tones and the clarity is always top notch. She's changed so much since I joined, and it's been less than a year.....

You have the cleanest processing of anyone here. I just love your ability to get perfect skin tones and the clarity is always top notch. She's changed so much since I joined, and it's been less than a year.....

Thank you. That means a lot to me.:smile:

Charles,
Excellent shot and processing. You have a beautiful young lady there. Before you realise it, the boys will be knocking on the door!

I dont have an S5 any longer :frown: but maybe you can outline your processing for skin sometime for us... I know you are able to get similar results with your 2X :wink:

Charles,
Excellent shot and processing. You have a beautiful young lady there. Before you realise it, the boys will be knocking on the door!
Thank you. Yes, I think that will be an issue. I do have a few guns that need cleaned.:smile:

I dont have an S5 any longer :frown: but maybe you can outline your processing for skin sometime for us... I know you are able to get similar results with your 2X :wink:

Give up my process? Are you mad?:tongue:

Seriously, there is no secret sauce.

Start with good light. If you don't have it, create it.
I spot meter skin to place it in the right zone.
I don't care about getting the WB perfect because that rarely makes pleasing skin.
Tone is controled by the DR of the scene and more importantly, the range across the subject.
In post try to adjust WB not for perfect gray but to get pleasing numbers from average skin. I use lab numbers to get me close. In PS I use HSB and CMYK numbers to set color.

To smooth the skin I use Kodak air brush on a layer and lower the opacity. Mask off the important things.

I only sharpen the eyes, and even that isn't really sharpening. Its a method used for forensics to extract maximum detail. Will have to find a link.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom