1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

First New Car in 17 Years

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by wingspar, Aug 7, 2009.

1. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    Normally, I don’t photograph cars, and I hate to drive, but it’s a necessary part of todays life to have good dependable transportation, so I bought my first car since 1992. These photos won’t set anyone on fire, make them drool over my photography skills, or lack of, nor will it make anyone want to go out and buy one of these. My only real complaint about this car? The front end is a bug magnet.

115835992.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

115835996.jpg

115835998.jpg

115836000.jpg

115836001.jpg

2. That car will last you another 17 years. lol.

3. I drive a 2006 ... I have been very pleased with the car. Nice ride, no issues for 60,000 miles. Hope it will last 160,000.

The only scratch on it is the one my wife put on it when she drove it once in 2 years. She scraped something in the garage! . Haha.. go figured.

Great choice!

4. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    I hope I can still drive in 17 years. I’ll be 80 then. :biggrin: I currently put about 3k miles a year on a car, so in 17 years I should have about 51,000 miles on her.

So far I like it. Sure a big difference from my 1991 Plymouth Acclaim, which only had 136k miles on it and zero issues. Not a single problem at all in all that time. When I bought the Camry, I had a 330 mile drive home. Always adjusting the seat. The seat is the only weak thing about the car so far. The seat in my old Acclaim was comfortable from day one till the end.

5. mobeious1

mobeious1

Oct 24, 2008
    fl
    how only 3k a year i do that about every 2 months

6. The Camry is a very reliable car and will probably last you another 17 years.

My Corolla lasted 18 years and 215,000 miles before I sold it. It never required a major repair...just oil changes and brakes along the way.

Glenn

7. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    Well, I’m retired, and don’t like to drive. Most of my driving is in July and August to take trips in good weather, and in the fall for football games. Otherwise, it sits. I do my around town and in the hills stuff with the pickup, but between the two rigs, I average about 5k miles a year. Even when I was working, I only had a 3 ½ mile round trip drive to work.

It is one of the reasons I chose the Camry. Dependability and reliability. It’s not the first Toyota I’ve had. I just hope to live another 17 years. :biggrin:

8. My wife has a 2006 Highlander. Compared to sitting in that, my Camry seat is like a cloud. I have it 'just right' and could easily do a 5 hour drive in it.

I drove for 50 mins in her Highlander and was ready to get out and stretch.

9. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    It seems like some car manufacturers make seats to break your back. I drove a lot of different vehicles in my life on different jobs, and you could not get me in some of them a second time, the seats were so uncomfortable. Toyota makes hard seats. I’ve never owned a Toyota that didn’t bother my back. My pickup is a Toyota, and I have an air cushion I have to sit on if I do anything other than run errands around town. Get on a rough road and the seat pounds my back big time. The Camry seat does leave something to be desired, but one of these days I’ll find the sweet spot. On the 330 mile drive home when I bought it, I had a very Discomfortable pain in the back of my legs just above the knee after about 4 hours or so of driving. I had that same problem with a Celica years ago. There was an adjustment that fixed that, but I can’t remember what that was. When I figure out that adjustment in the Camry, it will probably be fine. Part of the problem is that there are so dang many adjustments, it only compounds the difficulty of finding that sweet spot. Probably not an issue for people that do not have back problems. I do miss the mechanical seat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.