First Night Tango Class

Discussion in 'People' started by Uncle Frank, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Some friends and I teach beginning ballroom at the local YMCA on Friday nights. We introduce the students
    to a new dance each month, and February's subject is the Tango. We had 40 students show up for the first
    class. Here's two of the instructors demonstrating the basic step to the class.

[​IMG]

The men looked skeptical, but the ladies seem intrigued.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Form is very important to the tango... posture and expression. You're not supposed to look at your partner,
    and you're not supposed to smile. We had to keep reminding them, because once they got into the
    tango postion, which is rather intimate, the guys had a tough time keeping a poker face.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But after a while, some of them began to understand the gravity of the dance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was a fun night, and I think most of the 40 attendees will be back next Friday. Based on the look on this young
    lady's face, I imagine she'll be one of them.

[​IMG]

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Frank,

How cool! My wife and I have wanted to do this for a while. We should have when we had the chance. With 2 toddlers its very difficult. We don't use babysitters so if they can't go, we don't go. :) Only the grandmother is allowed to watch the boys on the rare occasions we have the need.

Thanks.....cha cha cha!

3. That was fun to look at your images Frank. I too used to teach ballroom dancing in an earlier life and still like to get out on the floor once in a while. Good B&W conversions.

Gordon

4. Not to worry, Patrick, you'll have many more chances. Nancy and I were married for 28 years before I let her drag me to my first ballroom dance lesson. The only reason I kept going was I found out that I got to lead 8).

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Franks lessons

Really good stuff Frank. I used to do ballroom dancing in my young years.

Remember Arthur Murry studios...lol

Thanks for a fun night.

Cheers
    Gale

6. Great shots.

I love the body language on the first one. All of the woman are watching intently and the guys are look around or at the floor :lol:

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Bravo Frank!

It's a great story to tell in black and white - good choice! The faces and shapes of the dancers and floor lend themselves to this wonderful graphic show you've put together.

Thanks for the glimpse into your world, monochromatically speaking :)

8. Thanks, Chris. It's great to be able to convert to black & white when the white balance is hopeless. This was mixed flash and flourescent, which is a bear to correct.