First paid gig... (interior design)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by DrewC, Jul 12, 2007.

1. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    i had the pleasure of shooting a gorgeous house i never would have known existed if it weren't by chance a woman came into the shop asking how much it'd be to "rent a photographer"... it was newly remodeled by the owners aunt. a seemingly pro interior designer, whos submitting her work to a magazine (of course with my credits)

i'm pretty sure they'll be happy with the results... we'll see...

shot with a d70, tokina 12-24, Sb-800

782962925_b47d908aa7_b.
    View attachment 105518
    782962727_3ddd71d2e7_b.
    View attachment 105520
    View attachment 105521

2. WOW! That could be me! love that house and the interior design, Nice work on taking these images too

3. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    the sb-800 and tokina 12-24 deserve most the credit... otherwise i'd NEVER have gotten the nice subtelties like the sailboat through the window, or the beautiful even lighting in the log hallway

thanks... and yeah, this house is only 2 miles from mine... i dont dare post pics of mine tho!

i'm really glad they gave me a chance though, for what seems like a pretty high-importance shoot.

4. murreywalker

murreywalker

Mar 25, 2005
    Nice work drew and you're right about the 12-24.:wink:

5. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    i finished up her "proof" cd just now... 109 images in total... i think she's gonna be ecstatic...

6. Nice series Drew.

I take lots of Real Estate photos for my wife the realtor.... it is always a challenge and can be very rewarding.

Thanks for sharing...

7. Well done! You definitely have captured the house's features including location.

Any outside shots of the house?

8. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    thanks guys, yeah theres some outside shots too, but the lighting was REALLY harsh, so it'll take some PP work to get those real nice looking

9. Lighting

In the second shot, did the lights look like that or did you add the light in the shade and on the ceiling in PP?
    These shots look really great.

10. Looks identical to one of my rentals. :)
    Good work.

11. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    nah, no PP to these... the lighting was due to my shutter speed being relatively slow (for using flash) and just the combo of ambient, flash, and the lamps.

these are just proofs, and if the customer wants me to really dive into 'em i will, but we'll wait and see... she DID however love the proofs... and maybe they'll end up in a magazine?

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice.
    I had the same gig this week, but not working out to well at the moment.
    I really need a wider agnle lens than 24.

13. nice job drew. the shots look great so looks like they have a shot of publication. i did the same gig last year for a 1.5 million $ home. four shots got published in total. it pays to work for at a real estate office :)

let us know how it goes for you.

14. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Drew, I like the shots, but have to ask this question because of my ignorance of acceptable styles for this kind of photography :redface::confused:-- Shoudn't the verticals be vertical?

15. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    thanks for the comments everyone... and yes bob... verticals should be vertical! ha, but like i mentioned before, these are really un-touched... so levels and horizons could be worked on some. its also a bit more difficult figurin' out verticals with a fairly distorted lens like the 12-24

thanks again everyone

and gale... get a 12-24! its great...

16. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Ah.....excellent exposures and great shots. Very nicely done! The client should be very happy with these.

17. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Thanks for setting me straight, Drew (my experience with indoor photography really is zero)