First Peru photo--Machu Picchu Panorama

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by jczinn, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Just returned on Sunday and am finally catching up and looking at my photos! Over 1000 to go through, but of course the very first thing I had to process was this panorama of Machu Picchu. The lighting conditions weren't great because it was mid-day and very hazy, as you see, but as it was primarily a birding trip the best photo parts of the day--early morning and late afternoon--were reserved for the birds. Still, I'm fairly happy with this...this is an accurate representation of how it looked, but no photo can possibly convey how awe-inspiring this site is.

D100, Nikon 12-24 (thanks to all of those who convinced me to take it!) on Manfrotto Carbon fiber tripod with Markins Q10 head...very light to carry for travel. Seven stitched shots stitched with Arcsoft Panorama Maker.

[​IMG]

Lots more to come as I have time to process!

2. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Nice shot, makes me want to visit (one of these days, it's on my list..).

You did well stictching also. What focal length did you shoot at?

Look forward to seeing more pics from your trip.

3. Breathtaking! This is on my visit list as well.

Rich

4. Great shot, Janet! It's not often that one sees the mountainous area off to the right when seeing Machu Picchu. I love this shot!!

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful Janet.

Glad you had a great vacation again.

6. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Janet.

That is one incredible panorama image. Fantastic composition, lighting, everything ! National Geographic Quality or any art gallery in Soho :)

Regards

RFC

7. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Beautiful image, Janet! Nicely composed pano.

8. Thats a brilliant shot. This is one place I've wanted to go for so long. To see your image rekindles all my desire to do so. I hope I can come away with the same breathtaking images you obviously have. Bravo!

9. wow thank you everyone for your kind comments!

Jeff, these were shot at 24mm and I made a mistake about the lens....it wasn't the 12-24, it was the 24-120VR! I had both with me and checked the Exif last night to be sure.

Unfortunately it may be awhile before I get to post any more photos, because last night (while working on the Peru shots), my PC died! Long story which I may detail in the General forum, in case anyone has any supporting words :-(

thankfully all my photos are backed up on both an external drive and on CDs/DVDs....but not everything else :-( :-( and I hadn't yet backed up the stuff from Peru that I'd worked on so far, so this pano may be toast :-( :-( :-( but of course I have the original NEFs on CD. whew.

10. Wow Janet, wonderful image.

11. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Sorry to hear about the computer problems, good thing you had your images backed up. Hopefully you didn't lose anything too terribly important.

12. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    What an incredible view and photo. Thank you for taking time away from birding to shoot and post this.

13. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    That pano does it for me ,it's got everything a picture should have,impatient waiting for your other pictures