First Peru photo--Machu Picchu Panorama

Just returned on Sunday and am finally catching up and looking at my photos! Over 1000 to go through, but of course the very first thing I had to process was this panorama of Machu Picchu. The lighting conditions weren't great because it was mid-day and very hazy, as you see, but as it was primarily a birding trip the best photo parts of the day--early morning and late afternoon--were reserved for the birds. Still, I'm fairly happy with this...this is an accurate representation of how it looked, but no photo can possibly convey how awe-inspiring this site is.

D100, Nikon 12-24 (thanks to all of those who convinced me to take it!) on Manfrotto Carbon fiber tripod with Markins Q10 head...very light to carry for travel. Seven stitched shots stitched with Arcsoft Panorama Maker.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Lots more to come as I have time to process!

Nice shot, makes me want to visit (one of these days, it's on my list..).

You did well stictching also. What focal length did you shoot at?

Look forward to seeing more pics from your trip.

Hi Janet.

That is one incredible panorama image. Fantastic composition, lighting, everything ! National Geographic Quality or any art gallery in Soho :)

Regards

RFC

Thats a brilliant shot. This is one place I've wanted to go for so long. To see your image rekindles all my desire to do so. I hope I can come away with the same breathtaking images you obviously have. Bravo!

wow thank you everyone for your kind comments!

Jeff, these were shot at 24mm and I made a mistake about the lens....it wasn't the 12-24, it was the 24-120VR! I had both with me and checked the Exif last night to be sure.

Unfortunately it may be awhile before I get to post any more photos, because last night (while working on the Peru shots), my PC died! Long story which I may detail in the General forum, in case anyone has any supporting words :-(

thankfully all my photos are backed up on both an external drive and on CDs/DVDs....but not everything else :-( :-( and I hadn't yet backed up the stuff from Peru that I'd worked on so far, so this pano may be toast :-( :-( :-( but of course I have the original NEFs on CD. whew.

SRA

What an incredible view and photo. Thank you for taking time away from birding to shoot and post this.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom