First photo trip to Fort De Soto

I went looking to get a shot of a Piping Plover. Ended up getting shots of many other shore birds that I have never photographed before. The weather Saturday was bad as a cold front spent most of the day pushing through and dragging lots of moisture in for the Gulf of Mexico. The sun was out on Sunday but it was cold (low 50's) and windy (13 mph). The water temp. was 63 degrees (I was in almost up to my knees). The sand build up has made it easy to walk from North Beach to Outback Key. All of my good shots came from a tidal pool area between NB and OK. Shooting these types of birds is new to me but they are challenging, fun, and cute. Heading back to this area Sunday.

1. Snowy Plover
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Piping Plover The band was done near Moffit, ND when this one was a chick. I have contacted the appropriate banding person but have no reply as of today. It is looking for a worm, and they were having a field day with the worms.

3. Piping Plover drying off after taking a bath. Lots of Piping Plovers and lots of them had bands of one sort or another.

4. Sanderling

5. Ring-billed Gull

Thanks for looking.

-Jack

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
This AM I found a nomination note in my box saying this thread should be featured. Really nice set of images. I selected the bath image since the nominee did not specify an image.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom