First photo w/VR lens

After being on pins and needles all day, the big brown truck finally rolled up to my house just shortly after 6. After getting the kids fed, I took off for a short walk to see what this lens could do. Well, I'm not sure what to expect since this is my first VR, but here's something I got with it. I think I'm happy with it but dunno what some of the buttons are for - I don't have the paperwork on it yet.

437000476_a46b357ecb_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice shot
You will like the lens Dianne

Thanks Gale! I still had to do some cropping, but the mocking bird seemed to "have patience" with me as I checked my camera settings. The only one I forgot was the WB. Overall I think I'm gonna like it when I get used to it. I've gotten so used to using my tripod, it felt strange not having that support!

Nice to see my old lens going to a great home and finally being put to great use!! Keep up the great work Dianne! Enjoy......

Nice to see my old lens going to a great home and finally being put to great use!! Keep up the great work Dianne! Enjoy......

Well, Stuart you can be assured this sweetie will have the best home ever, used and well taken care of! Next step will be a pelican for it to go on the valkyrie. Thanks!!!!!!!

Your off to a good start Dianne!
Your gonna love it.

Bill

Thanks Bill! I think I'm gonna love it too! Even though I didn't have good light for long, I was happy with a few shots that I took with it. On some of them I forgot to check settings! :redface: I can hardly wait to get out and play more!

How far from the bird were you?

Looks good a clear I look at the eye and point of the beak.

Looks like you got a winner. Lets see what you can do.

You Go Girl!!!!!!

Nice Dianne! Congrats on the lens.

I shot a concert the other night for a choral society. No flash allowed. Not much physical movement allowed either. I had my 18-200VR, Sigma 70-200, Nikkor 50 f/1.8, and 35 f/2. I was shocked but the 18-200 got the best shots by far (taking into consideration everything -- including composition). great lens!

Congrats Dianne on the new lens! You're going to love the versatility the 18-200 has to offer. Shoot lots and can't wait to see more of your pics.

Nice Dianne! Congrats on the lens.

I shot a concert the other night for a choral society. No flash allowed. Not much physical movement allowed either. I had my 18-200VR, Sigma 70-200, Nikkor 50 f/1.8, and 35 f/2. I was shocked but the 18-200 got the best shots by far (taking into consideration everything -- including composition). great lens!

Thanks! I've been drooling over everyone elses photos with it, and after doing more research, figured it would be great to have on motorcycle trips. I was lucky that Ottrot's human was willing to sell it to me! :biggrin:

Congrats Dianne on the new lens! You're going to love the versatility the 18-200 has to offer. Shoot lots and can't wait to see more of your pics.

Thanks! I'm already starting to see it's a fun lens to have when a tripod isn't practical! I'm looking forward to getting out more and seeing just what all I can do with this lens!

I think this will be a nice "walk around" lens for you. specifically, a great "has to fit on the motorcycle saddle bag" lens...

How far were you from the bird? Is this a crop?

I think this will be a nice "walk around" lens for you. specifically, a great "has to fit on the motorcycle saddle bag" lens...

How far were you from the bird? Is this a crop?

Thanks Jim! The motorcycle is exactly why I wanted it! I think it had to be several feet away. I got as close to the wire as I could and yes, it was cropped.

Congratulations, Dianne. There's really nothing like seeing that brown truck roll up to your door, is there? :biggrin:

Thanks! LOL, I think I may have scared the driver with my excitement! :redface: I was definitely on pins and needles, scared to do anything more than wait at the door, play at the puter by the door, I even talked Mark into picking the kids up from tutoring and piano lessons. Had I known the truck wouldn't arrive until after 6, I think I would have been a bit more relaxed - relaxed? Well maybe not.

Nice shot Dianne. Congratulations with your new lens.

Thanks Torben! I'm planning on playing as much as I can!

Latest threads

Top Bottom