First photos of fireworks

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
A few minutes ago I heard some distant bangs and on looking out of the window saw some fireworks across the bay, 3.75 miles away. I grabbed my camera, put on the 75-300 lens, set it to M mode and turned the shutter speed to LiveComp. I set the focal length to about 250mm and handheld the camera while aiming it at the fireworks. Each exposure was a composite of several 1 second exposures.

I know this isn't the perfection that one could get with a tripod and taken from much closer, but I like the resulting effect. I find it quite amazing that I got anything at all, given the distance. Here are the results.

0751%20BRIXHAM%20Fireworks.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

0752%20BRIXHAM%20Fireworks.jpg

0753%20BRIXHAM%20Fireworks.jpg

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Thanks for the comments.

I should have said that these were with the E-M1 II, so the equivalent focal length was 500mm. The LiveComp feature makes it really easy, as you watch the photo develop on the screen, second by second, and decide when to stop. The camera computes the composite, so it takes the maximum value of each pixel during each 1 second exposure, instead of adding all the 1 second exposures together.

Latest threads

Top Bottom