First photos with my 50mm f/1.8!!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by sam821, Jul 2, 2008.

1. So I finally purchased the Nikon 50mm f/1.8 D lens after some extensive research. I am extremely happy with my choice after going out this afternoon and testing it out. I am still relatively new to the world of DSLR, but I have been doing countless hours of research and learning everything about the camera. These photos were taken with my D60 (focusing manually, since I can't autofocus).

Comments and Critique's are definitely welcome! Enjoy!

#1... chasing some bee's
    2631890311_ccfa5ca2f5_b.png

#2... still chasing some bee's
    View attachment 219977

#3... last bee shot
    View attachment 219979

#4...testing the bokeh on this "flower"... not sure what kind of plant this is
    2632712004_56dbb95191_b.jpg

#5... same flower, different settings
    View attachment 219981

#6... testing to see some bokeh, against light
    2631886113_5b74b4867d_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2008
  2. RWC32

RWC32

Nov 23, 2007
    Chicagoland Area
    Seems like you found a new friend. #4 & 5 really pop. Did you do any post sharpening on these? Enjoy

3. scooptdoo

scooptdoo Guest

i want one bad.no excuse as inexpensive as they are.

4. I love No. 1... the OOF objects similar to in focus flowers create a very nice image in my view.

5. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Your going to love it, there is another HUGE and intensive thread on here dedicated to it, you should check it out. Im also doing my July one prime with a 50/1.8.

6. Thank you! No absolutely no post sharpening/processing... I actually haven't gotten to that level yet... I am still learning the in's and out's of my camera/lenses.

I purchased mine for $110 dollars. You can't go wrong!

Thank you! Yea, I can really see the different depths. Not sure if that was what I was really going for... I was just chasing bees! But it seemed to work out. The bokeh is ridiculous on this lens!

Yes, I think I've seen all the threads related. I figured I would dedicate one to my review of this lens. Plus it was the first time I was posting photos. Oh and I checked out your challenge thread... Good luck!