First photos with my 50mm f/1.8!!

So I finally purchased the Nikon 50mm f/1.8 D lens after some extensive research. I am extremely happy with my choice after going out this afternoon and testing it out. I am still relatively new to the world of DSLR, but I have been doing countless hours of research and learning everything about the camera. These photos were taken with my D60 (focusing manually, since I can't autofocus).

Comments and Critique's are definitely welcome! Enjoy!

#1... chasing some bee's
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2... still chasing some bee's
View attachment 219977

#3... last bee shot
View attachment 219979

#4...testing the bokeh on this "flower"... not sure what kind of plant this is

#5... same flower, different settings
View attachment 219981

#6... testing to see some bokeh, against light

Last edited by a moderator:
S

scooptdoo

i want one bad.no excuse as inexpensive as they are.

Your going to love it, there is another HUGE and intensive thread on here dedicated to it, you should check it out. Im also doing my July one prime with a 50/1.8.

Seems like you found a new friend. #4 & 5 really pop. Did you do any post sharpening on these? Enjoy
Thank you! No absolutely no post sharpening/processing... I actually haven't gotten to that level yet... I am still learning the in's and out's of my camera/lenses.

i want one bad.no excuse as inexpensive as they are.
I purchased mine for $110 dollars. You can't go wrong!

I love No. 1... the OOF objects similar to in focus flowers create a very nice image in my view.
Thank you! Yea, I can really see the different depths. Not sure if that was what I was really going for... I was just chasing bees! But it seemed to work out. The bokeh is ridiculous on this lens!

Your going to love it, there is another HUGE and intensive thread on here dedicated to it, you should check it out. Im also doing my July one prime with a 50/1.8.
Yes, I think I've seen all the threads related. I figured I would dedicate one to my review of this lens. Plus it was the first time I was posting photos. Oh and I checked out your challenge thread... Good luck!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom