1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

First photos with the Tamron 90mm

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by kgill, Aug 4, 2007.

1. kgill

kgill

Jul 25, 2007
    Europe
    I was looking for a lens in th3 85/90 range, and someone suggested the Tamron to me. After doing some research, I decided that it was definitely worth putting on my list... When I found out that Tamron was offering a $90 rebate on it, that sealed the deal for me (rebate ends on August 31). It arrived in the mail yesterday and I couldn't be happier!! If anyone is on the fence about it, I think now is the time to try it out! What's the worst thing that can happen?? You can resell it! But I'm sure you won't be disappointed!! $350 is a small price to pay for such a good lens! Of course after shooting daily with the 50mm, this takes getting used to, but it's fun. I can't imagine what people with lots of lenses do....dedicated days for certain lenses??!! ;-)

Here are the pictures I took of my lunch yesterday!

Yes, I know, you all think I'm crazy right now, but I'm sure you have been there before-- the euphoria of finally having the new lens on the camera!

k

998570590_d3383034e3.
    998570478_f7f84ee56e.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2007
  2. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

very nice images, K ....at this time best bang for the buck ina new macro for sure. i love mine!

3. kgill

kgill

Jul 25, 2007
    Europe
    thanks N. I am really busy this week, but look forward to taking more pictures next week, using it not as a macro!

4. Looks good kristina, congrats on the new lens!

5. Ciao Kristine

nice to hear from you again. I'm sure you won't be disappointed by such lens. Also for portraits it's definitely a great performer.
    Continue posting, and don't forget to chime in if you're visiting some area around Parma :) 

6. kgill

kgill

Jul 25, 2007
    Europe
    Hi Dino! I don't travel as much as I should. I met someone here in Rome from Flickr and in the short time we walked around taking pictures he gave me fantastic advice, small things, that have really helped me! If I am ever in the Parma area, I'll send you a note before I go!!

Paul-- I'm trying to catch up with you!!!

7. Pesto126

Pesto126

Apr 13, 2006
    Northeast USA
    Congrats on the lens and welcome to the club.. don't forget this makes a wonderful portrait lens too.

Oh.. and very nice start with the photos.. I love the tomato sandwich shot!

8. kgill

kgill

Jul 25, 2007
    Europe
  9. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Congratulations, and you started out with some good stock photos right there. And that sandwhich does look really good and wholesome.

10. kgill

kgill

Jul 25, 2007
    Europe
    (roasted eggplant pureed with garlic and olive oil on bread with cherry tomatoes...no salt added! gotta keep the blood pressure down!)

11. Dont bother, by the look of it your already ahead of me. :wink:

If not only by the healthy breakfast. :smile:

Nice job!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.