1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

First pic from July 07 Carmel trip

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Johnnymg, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Well, the weather is starting to cooperate. Winds have died down and the temps are mid-high 70's. Hard to beat it. Nice place to visit for sure.

This is a quick 'snap'................ not a staged shot with perfect lighting. The amazing thing about the water is how clear it is. :eek: . Has that 'blue lagoon' type of look right now. Well, as long as you throw in a few thousand Cypress trees. :wink:
    [​IMG]

The lagoon in the background is teaming with migratory birds. A local told us that a couple of puffins were spotted there recently. :eek: 

Regards
    JohnG

2. There's a big grey tree in the middle of your beautiful landscape shot. :p 

3. Pardon me for being critical as I am new here. I find the tree centered in the foreground distracting. Otherwise I think the shot is beautiful.

Mike

4. Mike and TKO

No problem with the comments. :tongue:

Like I said, this was a quick 'snap'.......... jumped off my bike and pulled the camera out and shot. If I had a redo on this shot I'd probably offset the Cypress tree and put some flash into it so that the limbs wouldn't be so dark. :668:

Regards

5. Beautiful Lagoon

That's what I was going to add -- off center the tree and add a fill flash. You could also try underexposing the foreground, which would make thee lagoon less bright and the tree would be a silloute.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.