First pic of our baby! B/W

Well, the quality is not the best but the gyn was ill-equipped :lol:
Anyway, here we go. - First color pics in about 7 months, so stay tuned :wink: .

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Congratulations Harry. You're in for exciting times.

I'm like Gordon I've got a second grandchild on the way.

Congrats to you and your wife! What and exciting time...Patrick and I have 2 boys and keep talking about what it might be like to have another baby (or 2 or 3....)! But ours are still really young so not right now. Can't wait to see the color photos that are to come!

Congratulations to you and your wife! We have one child for now, and he's getting close to 3. Life is definitely different, but always much better than it ever was. There's free entertainment 24/7. I don't think he'd ever sleep if we didn't make him! :lol:

Thanks, my friends! It's somehow odd, but when my wife told me that we are in for an increase in our family I remained rather cool. However, when I saw this first image I was so excited and actually only from then on started to accept that it's real.
As I stated in an earlier post, my signature will be obsolete soon because this event will finally force me into adulthood.
Cheers

Joe Photo said:
Congrats man! But shouldn't you stop taking pictures through coke bottle lenses? :D

Best of luck to you and the new family!

Joe, I like to experiment, but the blame goes to the gyn. I offered her my D1X but she said that she hasn't got the proper interface to plug it to her imaging devices :D
A colleague of mine once made great pics from the inside of bamboo internodes with an endoscope attached to an SLR camera, maybe that would work here too :) , but I guess my tiny off-spring would take it ill to have his privacy disturbed.
regards

Z

Zulu-

I have one about that size too... (she is three month pregnant now)... con'grats m8

so yes about 7 month before the first color pics :) :)

Truly amazing!!! Your life will be forever changed, for the better too. Looks like the ISO was pushed a little, and a VR lens might have helped, but all in all, a beautiful portrait of your first born! *LOL*

Ill equipped? Not at all.
That's a nice trans-forniceal shot of an early singleton intrauterine gestation.
Congratulations.
No centimeter gradations visible so I'm guessing......3.5 cm...8+/- menstrual weeks?
Nice shot catching limbs and mid-line cerebral falx cerebri.
Probably easily visualized cardiac motion and a bit of truncal muscular movement.
I love this job.

Well done Harry.

Hi Vernon!

Had to check your profile to understand your competent reply :)

vernon t said:
No centimeter gradations visible so I'm guessing......3.5 cm...8+/- menstrual weeks?

You are spot on (3.55 cm). The gradation was cropped out. Meanwhile we have another pic and it's 4.5 cm (a week later) and my wife said that on the screen she could see the little thing waving its arms at her :lol:

BTW - my comment about being ill-equipped was not serious.
cheers

Latest threads

Top Bottom