1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

First Pics New 50mm 1.8 - Comments/Help welcome

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by paradiddle, Jun 10, 2007.

1. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    For post processing I clicked auto enhance in picture project.

What I was trying to accomplish with these pictures was to start getting a feel for this lense. On the books I wanted it to look old. This is taken at 1/250 f1.8

http://paradiddle.smugmug.com/photos/161194366-L.jpg

On the baby shoes at 1.8 if I focused on the front of left shoe then the back of the left shoe and the front of the right shoe were starting to blur. I did not like that. As I increased to f3.2 the front part of the right shoe was in focus but still some blur on the back left shoe. This picture is taken at 1/60 and f2.5.

http://paradiddle.smugmug.com/photos/161199170-L.jpg

Thanks for help or comments.

2. Brian-S

Brian-S

Feb 10, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    i especially like the lighting of the book in picture 1. I think the yellow cast from the lamp added a lot for that "old" effect. Did you leave the WB in auto? I find that auto on my D2h and D70s w/ tungsten lighting stays warm like that, whereas if I set it to the tungsten setting, the colors are more true but overall a much cooler look.

Nice job,
    Brian

3. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Actually I used a expo disk. This was taken a few feet from two glass doors. So I hung a thin tan colored sheet over the doors. I took lots of pictures but I think I had my SB600 pointed straight up and bounced off of a pretty white ceiling ~4 feet up and 4 feet back.

4. tasnim_fahim

tasnim_fahim

Oct 2, 2006
    riyadh
    excellent shots Andy.

Best.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent images and work

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.