1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

First pics with a DSLR (D40)... Nissan Xterra

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by RichB, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Hey guys, just posted in the newbie forum and decided I'd post some pics here as well hoping to get some c&c :)  This is my buddys Xterra with 32's (could be 33's, I forgot), some sweet pink wheels, and a poor mans body lift. As the title goes, these are my first ever pics with a DSLR. All shot in A-priority, currently my favorite mode :wink:

3835087467_cc9db2b78f_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3835087191_6fa6641bf4_b.jpg

3835088063_f9514e31cc_b.jpg

And this one was kind of underexposed, I used the flash and it came out dark so I used the Active D-Lighting feature or whatever its called on the camera itself to see how it would work, and this is what it came up with. Not the greatest pic, but kinda cool in a way I suppose. It is however kinda noise @ ISO400, and I dont think the processing helped :frown:
    3835085759_55d1048ee0_b.png

2. Fightin14

Fightin14

Mar 4, 2009
    Middle TN
    One side of my mind hates the wheels and the other thinks that kick total ***. I don't know what to do. Good Luck with the new camera.

3. JakeEbersole

JakeEbersole

Mar 11, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Jake Ebersole
    Rich- You shouldn't have noise at ISO400. The D40 is capable of up to ISO1600 with barely any noise. It was probably dust or something. I think you did a good job for your first try. I would try a tighter crop, but that's just my 2 cents.

Welcome to the cafe!

4. fastfoci

fastfoci

Jan 23, 2009
    Rochester NY
    OH GOD THOSE DAMN WHEELS. when i balanced the tires they were off like 8oz each side lol so chopped. damn jake.

5. dL302

dL302

Aug 7, 2008
    Vancouver
    Not really. ISO1600 seems very noisy to me. Only ISO800 is acceptable to me on a D40 imo.

Welcome to the Cafe!

dL

6. Now get that thing dirty off road and take some pictures!

7. We'll hopefully be getting it dirty this Saturday ;)  :) 

8. andyman_1970

andyman_1970

Apr 2, 2008
    Arkansas
    Not a fan of the wheels but I like it otherwise..........I've got an 03 X and would like to do a PML and some 33's. His front plastic looks good too, most X's that vintage are badly faded.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.