First Picture post: 80-400VR meets a .... Hurricane

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by TerribleTwins, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Trying again - this time using the insert image Button!

:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Looks like a good time! I wish that was going on when I grew up in Reading. We had the air show and that was it.
    Jack

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Good job, very nice images

4. Nice captures, my favourite is #3.

Great job.

5. MD2595

MD2595

Jul 6, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    My wife's family came to this country in the late 1700's and settled outside of Intercourse, PA. We visited the old family house in 1995 and it was amazing. The house was completed in 1806 and it is still inhabited. It really doesn't look that old either.

The barn is still standing and doens't look anywhere near it's age. It's 100'x80' and has hand hewn logs the size of a compact car. I was in awe what people could do with hand tools back then.

I also have an old Marine buddy that is in the PA State Patrol. I loved visiting that part of the country.

Oh, and great pics!

Matt

6. Nice shots! I wish I knew this was going on up there. I'm pretty close and would have made the drive for sure! Looks like a great time.

7. more photo's

1st time I've been, but this was the 17th Annual version usually held on the first weekend in June. I believe details can be found on the mid-atlantic air museum website. it was 90+ degrees & no shade!

Wasn't quite sure what to expect - it isn't really an air show as such - more of a re-enactment weekend with people dressing up in the approprate clothes for the time period - most of it seemed authentic.

[​IMG]

p742900644-3.

View attachment 109184

[​IMG]

& my sons' favourite bit of the day!

[​IMG]

View attachment 109185

I'll put some more on the Zenfolio site when I have time.

8. Paul,
    Thanks - my personal favourite is of the Hurricane starting her engine - something about those merlin engines!! Used to hear them alot growing up in the UK & going to the air shows with the Lancasters, Spitfires etc - sadly one doesn't hear or see them that often nowadays, especially as I am now stateside.

9. Thanks, though not quite on a par with some of your bird photo's though - was just getting the hang of using the 80-400 & then I traded it for the 70-200 - Oh well!

10. nice shots, but why not post the pics?

11. Oooh yes, that first one with the flames - very cool shot.