First picture post

Discussion in 'People' started by shannonfrydesigns, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Some of you know the delimna I went through on deciding on a camera. Finally I went with the D100 (got a good deal on it)... Yesterday I had my first opportunity to shoot with it... As far as image quality, it is soooooo much better than my previous camera, I am so impressed with how much less noise there is.

Keep in mind this is my first shoot, and on top of that, it started out bad all the way around... We had to wait out a storm to shoot, and then only had about 30 minutes before it stormed again. I'm anxious to see what they think...

DSC_0117.

DSC_0205copy.

DSC_0164.

Thanks for you c&c...

2. delightful! The d100 is a great choice and I look forward to more images from you now

3. Seth

Seth

Jun 6, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Good to see some images. I like #2.

What part of Oklahoma are you in?

4. I'm out in Western Oklahoma... I see you are in Tulsa! Nice to see another Okie!

Thanks for the comments... I hope that I get more comfortable with this camera, otherwise, I think I am loving the images.

5. looks like you and the D100 are bonding well.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I mages look great
    Looks like you got a great copy

7. Ohhhhh... a D100. I love that camera... it renewed my love of photography and can produce some incredible images. Your shots have that D100 patina that makes it so great for people and colors. Lovely shots... you did very well.

You could not have done better for your first DSLR. These things are tanks, you never hear of them breaking and with the vertical grip, you've got the (emergency) option of running the thing on AA batteries. Also, you can shoot UNcompressed NEFs with it, but don't even think about shooting compressed NEFs unless you're about to take your lunch break. Buffer's a little small but that just forces you to think about what you're doing instead of hosing everything.

Every time someone brings the D100 up, I have to share another reason why I'm so high on this camera.
    original.

8. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    This is your first shoot or your first DSLR shoot with the new camera. No way you're *that* good right out of the box. These are excellent!

I take it from your text that you mean your first shoot with this camera, but if not you caught on mighty quickly!

Woody: Always love seeing that photo!! Buzz Lightyear AKA The Arrow Shirt Man and LL!!:smile:

9. Great images! I love that #2...outstanding.

10. Yes, I meant my first shoot with my DSLR... Thanks for all ya'lls comments. This makes me feel better. I have a huge family shoot this weekend. I am spending five hours with a family, through a baptism, formal shots int he church, then at the mother's home we are doing casual shots, and then they have a foreign exchange student that I will be taking her senior pics. I am so nervous.

Thanks again everyone!

11. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Looks like you and the D100 are going to be a great team!