First Pictures with Tokina 12-24 --My Trailer

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by EdMac, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Hi,
    I just received my Tokina 12-24 f4 lens, and I am showing a couple of test pictures. These are with my Nikon D100. I have not noticed any significant CA or distortion. There has not been enough time to do any more testing, but so far I am really pleased. I did notice that it is important to make sure that the lens hood is properly seated. My first pictures showed some vignetting because I did not have the lens hood properly installed. :)

The first picture shows my trailer in Cape May NJ, and the second shows an area behind my trailer. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Looking good ED,

Seems like a great lens.

Congratulations on another tool.

3. New Tool

Hi Gale,
    So far, I am pleased with the Tokina. I have been looking for a wide lens, and this seeems to be a good choice. The Nikon is probably great, but a little past my budget right now. :) :D

4. debult

debult

Jun 11, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Experience in using the vignetting correction in Capture for this lens ?

5. Experience

I really have not needed to do any correction for this lens. It was me that put the lens hood on wrong. Once I corrected that my experience with this lens has been great. I have shot at 12 mm and the results are excellent. There has been no CA or light fall off in the corners. I can't compare it to the Nikon lens, but I am totally satisfied. I would recommend it to anyone. :)

6. Tui

Tui Guest

12-24

Ed,
    Now that you have this lens how much do you find yourself using it? Its next on my list and from what I've been reading it seems to be getting some very positive reviews (even over the Nikon :shock: ).

7. Ed,

These images are superb! Very crisp. What were your settings? The reviews on this lens are excellent and it is a very good value versus the Nikon. Very nice job. I am looking forward to more samples from you. Thank you for sharing.

8. Re: 12-24

Hi Tui,
    This lens has met all of my expectations. I have had it for about a week, so I can't really comment on use. I expect to use it for a lot of indoor shots this winter. It seems to work well with the sb80dx flash and diffuser. Thanks for your comments. :)

9. Nice shady area where you live. The pictures taken with this lens make it seem all worthwile.

10. Perfect behavior for the Lens Lust Forum, Crystall. You already have a Nikon 12-24, and now you're lusting after the Tokina version - lol!

After reviewing your list of lenses, I'm nominating you as the Lens Lust Person of the Year!

:wink:

11. Hi Crystall,

Thank you for your comments. I really didn't use any special settings for these two pictures. I did adjust white balance for daylight cloudy. I just wanted to see how the lens behaved n the D100.

EXIF
    Make : NIKON CORPORATION
    Model : NIKON D100
    ExposureTime : 1/250Sec
    FNumber : F8.0
    ExposureProgram : Program Normal
    Flash : Not fired
    FocalLength : 12.00(mm)
    ExposureMode : Auto
    WhiteBalance : Auto
    FocalLength(35mm) : 18(mm)
    ISO Setting : 200
    Quality : RAW
    WhiteBalance : AUTO
    Lens information : 12.0-24.0(mm) F4.0-F4.0
    FocusArea : SingleAreaAF (center)
    ColorSpace : MODE2

12. Shad

Hi Gordon,
    Thanks for the comments. I am really happy with the new lens. This is my first venture with a non Nikon lens. It looks like a good selection.
    The trailer is situated in a nice shady spot. We usually get a nice ocean breeze in the evening. Isn't that what retirement is all about?:)