First post... be nice! :o)

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Wilk, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    Hey,

I do a lot of night work, mostly hand held higher ISO, but have begun dragging out the old pod for some shots. Because I do street work on south beach mostly fri & sat nights, I tend to just do everything hand held. I've ventured out a few times during the week to do some pod work, last one is the only pod shot of the bunch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm hoping including EXIF in the pic isn't too offensive to most here - I'm an EXIF freak and wish everyone would at least embed it when they use a digital cam, but that's just me :D

The rest from a combined two weeks (playing catch up after computer problems) is in my inbox - URL in the sig, click "InBox" on the left menu.

Comments/critiques, quite welcomed.

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I love the symmetry of your work Steve. And the color. They all convey a bit of loneliness - intentional? It works tho.

3. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    Hmmmm.... Dr. Freud! May I sit in the comphy chair? :D

I moved to south beach in nov of last year, and have made some siginificant connections of late - mostly photog buddies, so I'm certainly not totally without social interaction... I've been down a couple really tough paths in my life, and if I've learned one thing about life, lonlieness and other "negative" emotions are something you choose to feel, whether they're valid or not. So no, I am not a lonely person in fact or feeling. So, no, I don't intentionally try to convey lonliness per se.

These shots convey my attempts at capturing obscure views of south beach. I am an odd ball, to be certain, and I'm just trying to work with how I see and what I see, and do my best to capture it. I am very reactionary in how I shoot. Not the pondering type... I see, I shoot, and move on. If something warrants a return trip, I certainly do that, but mostly, I wander sort-of aimlessly trying to connect to the environment I've wandered into on a visual and emotional level.

Sorry, I know you weren't looking for a short story :roll:

Thanks very much for your comments and interest in my work!

Steve

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. I'm really drawn to your first image. Very interesting. Nice work!

7. I like your work Steve, it shows a lot of thought in the way your compose and display your images. I would say that #2 and #3 are my favorites. You will fit in nicely here and your images will add another dimension to the Cafe.

8. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    Hey Kevin,

Thanks a bunch. I'm not sure why I shoot stuff like that first image... well... I'm not sure why I shoot anything :roll: but it makes me smile when it catches someone elses eye :D