First post of a D2X photo--is it underexposed?

Re: hey--

CraigH. said:
Catz said:
CraigH. said:
pbenedic said:
howd ya do that?
I took a colorsample from the sky in a couple spots and brushed on the color in darken mode at 12% opacity. just kept passing over the area till i liked it. I could do better but would be more complex.
Craig,

I will play with this picture for you in PS and fix the sky for you. I hope to have it posted for you here tomorrow. There are easy ways of fixing blown out skys and I will put some nice puffy clouds in it for you too. If this is okay with you. I will also give you the steps I took to acheive it.

I'm just too tired to work with it tonight.

Melissa
Cool. would like to see what you can do with it. if Pat doesn't mind.. :)
I also have some that you may like to play with.
Hi CraigH,

Please email me the pictures you want worked on if you like what I did to Pat's picture. I would love to give it a shot.

Melissa

Nice Mellissa! could use a little work in the transitional areas but the result is beautiful.
I have some atumn shots with lousey skies on a different Hard drive that i don't have access to at the moment. I will send some when i can :)
kind regards

Hi All,

A quick rundown on what I did for this picture. I have to admit that it was not my best job but wanted to get something out fast to show what can be done for the sky. I am working on doing a better job with it.

There are so many ways to fix the sky. For this one, I used an action for blown out skies and touched it up with the paintbrush and then added some cloud brushes that were made from real clouds. Some of the clouds here were the same as you will notice but like I said, I did a fast job to show you what can be done.

If you are interested in some links on other ways to accomplish this, please let me know and I will paste them here.

Thanks for the compliments.

Melissa

For CraigH

CraigH. said:
Nice Mellissa! could use a little work in the transitional areas but the result is beautiful.
I have some atumn shots with lousey skies on a different Hard drive that i don't have access to at the moment. I will send some when i can :)
kind regards
Hi Craig,

Thank you and please send what you what fixed and I will do it for you. It will take me some time because I want to do a better job than I did on this photo in the forum instead of rushing.

Please see my post above.

Melissa

Stunning.

My favorite rendition is the one with fewer clouds. I need to get that good with PS.

NicE! I like the the colors on the latest workup.
I can not acces the images at this time. I will send when i can retrieve them. thanx.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom