First post (outside of NewMember intro)...oh yeah, LL Baseball

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by deznpj, May 6, 2007.

1. deznpj

deznpj

Apr 12, 2007
    SoCal
    Now these are nowhere near the quality all of you are used to, but I figured the only way to get them close is to post and hopefully learn from everyone's advice. Please feel free to C&C and even play if you like. First one is my son, then a couple of near ball on bat.
    These were all shot with a D200 and the 70-200 VR with the 1.7 tele on it. The one of my son (catcher) was shot on a different day. The other two were shot yesterday. Let me know what you all think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2007
  2. Are you kidding me? These are very nice. That is one cool kid in #2. Keep them coming.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice shots:>)))

4. I'll say! Welcome.

Rich

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nothing wrong with you images, they are real nice. You mentioned that you have difficulty editing images, I tweaked yours but what I did was absolutely minimal (Levels, Saturation and USM). Keep up the great work and make those kids look good.

6. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Nothing but smiles :)) Welcome....

7. deznpj

deznpj

Apr 12, 2007
    SoCal
    Thank you all for the kind words! It really motivates me to go out and post some more!
    Frank (If I may be so bold)...Thanks for taking the time to tweak my shot. The colors have more pop in your image...something to aim for!
    Again, thank you all for taking the time to look and comment! Sure beats just lurking around and wondering "what if I post..."

8. Kim

Kim

Jun 16, 2005
    Tennessee
    Great images! Perfect timing with the ball and bat.

9. Great start. Heck, there are days I wish I was this good. Keep'em coming :smile:

10. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Excellent images! I did prefer Frank's slight tweak, but as he mentioned he just did minimal tweaking.