First post over here

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by DanWhite, Aug 3, 2005.

1. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Hello all,

I have posted a bunch of shot over in the people and portraiture forum, this is my first post here let me know what ya think.

The national Monument at Valley Forge National park

Washingtons Chappel Valley Forge National Park
    View attachment 13119

2. Hi Dan, I like the content and composition of your images. On the first image I do not feel that your post processing is as good as it might be. Overall it is rather subdued and not as bright and colorful as it might be. A college professor once told me that my B & W image I had submitted suffered from an overall greyness. Realizing that yours is a color image I would still make that same comment. Perhaps a little more contrast and a boost in color would help this image to be all that it could be. Don't know for sure, I would have to play with it a little to see what would bring out the sharpness and color to this image.

I like the second image and the sepia tone; however, it too lacks a certain crispness. I hope you don't mind my critique.

3. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Gordon,

Not at all, I don't do a lot of landscape type photos, most of my subjects are people and sometimes it is hard for me to shoot inanimate objects. Thanks for the critique.

Dan

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    LOL Dan,
    This is where I had to leave the net at work and never got back to comment. Had to go hunt for posts..

These images to me are very beautiful and moving. I love the history and statues in Washington DC..

thanks for sharing.

5. Well done, Dan......and welcome!!! :D :D :D

6. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Both are very thought provoking. Thanks for sharing.